Sharing

Guys, Hi. Anyway vote and please do comment, I really like you guy's comments. Thank you.

Bryce sat across from a plump red faced man who was sweating around the collar and fidgeted nonestop, and wondered how the old, cold man who had turned him into Don knew such a weakling. But Bryce had also learned that someone's outer appearance could be misleading at times.

Marcus's debriefing revealed this man had more blood on his hands then even he did, even if most of his cold bodies got there through underhanded means. This man was cruel, spiteful, and very, very rich a combination Bryce had learned first hand could be...more than a little dangerous. But at the moment the man seemed none of those things, just scared...sickened with worry really.

His anxiety hadn't stopped the fat man from finishing his steak in record time though. Bryce was only halfway done and he wasn't much of a slow eater himself, after all he hadn't quite gotten over the feeling the food underneath his nose would be taken away. Given but then yanked away cruelly before he could finish. Krissy was the same way and sometimes she hoarded food, he didn't even think she realized she did it.

Still, Luigi Mercia had beaten him at finishing a meal and was know tugging at his collar with a meaty hand. He smiled stiffly at Bryce.

"I'm so happy you came, Mostro."

"Of course I would, we...are in your debt."

The man laughed nervously. "And thank goodness for it! No offense, but I'm happy it isn't Maria who took over or else I would have had to find another way. She just wasn't reliable enough but I've heard wonderful and praising things when it comes to you. At first I was skeptic and thought my old friend had lost his mind giving his seat over to the adopted son of his adopted daughter but...I guess he didn't really have a choice... but I've heard good things none the less."

Bryce's face remained blank. "I am not one for trivial conversation, Mr. Mercia. Could you please give me more details on this favor? Marcus explained to me how you have an unknown enemy who is targeting your granddaughter?"

The man laughed. "Yes, I also heard you weren't one for words as well. But that is true, I currently have an unknown enemy who has been targeting my granddaughter and she is all I have left. The choices in my life have taken the rest but she remains and I want her to stay. I cannot ask you to get involved with hunting these bastards down but I would like to ask you take my granddaughter into your protection until all of this is sorted out." He said. "I would like for her to be under your personal protection."

Bryce pressed his lips together, not pleased. The favor in and of itself wasn't that big of a deal. But Luigi's granddaughter being under his personal protection meant she would have to live in his home, meaning whatever trouble that was chasing her would be brought to his home, his home where Krissy lived.

But he couldn't say no, not when he owed a favor. He would be getting very little sleep then, he realized.

"Sounds reasonable," he said stiffly. "Where is she?"

The old man let out a tired breath. "She owns a bakery downtown and I can't seem to stop her from going. She's a spirited one, that one. The guards I suited her with are the best but recently a couple of them were taken out which upped my fear. I doubt anyone would want to cross you, Mostro."

Bryce wished that were the case but people were incredibly stupid.

"Grandfather!" A whirlwind of blonde curls rushed into the room seeming to bring with her a bunch of angry energy. She still wore a flour covered apron with dogs on it. The smell of something sweet reached his nose."I hate these guards! They scare away all of my customers? How am I suppose to make a living?"