Imperfect

Vote. Comment. Thanks.

Krissy didn't bother biting back a yawn as she listened to the men sitting around the dark, wood table go on and on, laying one problem after another at Shoura's feet. She was suppose to be taking notes, but instead had zoned out completely a good twenty minutes ago.

"Are we boring you, Izzy?" Basha cut himself off to ask switching back to English, eyes on her.

Basha was a man older than Shoura about about ten years but still younger than most of the other men at the table. He was a balding man with wisps of brown hair and dull green eyes. He usually smelled like he bathed in cologne (not the cheap type either) and he wore multiple gold chains around his neck. He usually dressed like a frat boy as well. His personality left much to be desired.

"My name is Krissy." She reminded with a roll of her eyes. He waved her off with a smug smirk. "And yes, you are boring me." She smiled back sweetly. "You sure can talk, Basha."

"Well, maybe you should kindly leave and let the grown ups, talks dear." His tone reeked condescendingly. " If your attention span is so small. Maybe I should bring my daughter next time so you two can have a more interesting conversation out in the gardens." This seemed to amuse the other men in the room.

"I don't think Krissy and your four year old daughter will have much in common, Basha." Shoura filled her in on what the other men found so funny. "But Krissy is right, can you get to the point of your spew without all of the bragging?"

"You would agree with her, Shoura." The man said with a sniff. "You act as if you're a boy who's never had his willy wet. I suggest getting your head on straight before."

"before what, Basha?" Shoura asked calmly. His eyes weren't really focused on the man or on anything really. Krissy felt her concern return. Some days were better than others for Shoura.

"Before nothing..." The man watched him closely with narrowed eyes. "But I do think today with us all here is the perfect time to discuss your health."

Shoura stiffened. "Sorry, cousin, I only discuss my health with my doctor."

"You are going blind. Do you really believe you can run this family in such a state. We will be attacked from all sides with our leader weak!" Basha pushed.

"Say you are correct and I need to step down. Who would take over, Basha. You? You care nothing about the family and this is merely a self serving grab at power. Even I can see through your bullshit, cousin." Shoura accused.

"If what is best for the family is me being in charge then, what's the problem?" Basha shrugged. "Step down Shoura for the good of us all. It'll leave you plenty of time to chase after used whores thrown out by our so called Italian allies!"

Shoura stood, chair toppling over. "Watch your mouth, Basha!"

"Are you talking about me?" Krissy stood right along with Shoura. "Are you calling me a whore, you bald bastard?" She was sick of these men and their condescending holier than thou asses, especially Basha. He looked at her like she was the crud beneath his feet and the worlds' biggest nuisance. She pointed her pen at him. "Who in the hell do you think you are!"

Basha stood, he was close to her, literally in the seat closest to where she sat next to Shoura at the head of the table.

"I should be asking you that question, little girl." He said dangerously, staring her down.

"Back down now, Basha." Shoura's voice took on a tone she had never heard him use before. "Now!"

She didn't need him though. She kept her pen level with the balding man's forehead. "I'm talking to the fugly bald bastard who's long winded as hell and doesn't know his place!" Her heart pounded like crazy in her chest.