Between Us

This is the last chapter. I know. Let me know if you would like too read some of the scenes that weren't added and I could maybe write them. This is an emotional chapter. Vote. Comment. Thanks.

"And Liam proposes we sell half of our shares of Nesting..." Krissy words trailed off because the man she was suppose to be reading the memo too was too busy peppering her jaw line with kisses. She knew she shouldn't have took Shoura's offer to sit on his lap as she read to him the things that needed his attention, but the man had hit her with the puppy eyes and a line about being her poor blind husband and she had caved. She needed to stop falling for that one. "Can you stop, Shoura?" The kisses were distracting. She squirmed in his lap. "I would like to finish reading this to you, if you don't mind."

He continued to kiss her but paused between his words enough to get out, "and I would like to make love to my wife. I think that trumps silly shareholder stuff." He smiled against her face, one of his hands dipping between her legs and underneath the dress she wore. "You agree right?"

Krissy moaned but caught herself and smacked his hand away and pinched his lips together with her other hand. She laughed when he tried to talk. "Come on, Shoura. There's no time for that right now." She looked into his eyes and of course they stared back at her unseeing. Her chest felt heavy, she missed how focused his gaze use to be when he looked at her. She let go of his lips and kissed them before he could say anything. "We need to stay on top of our game. We don't need those bastard having any more excuses to challenge you."

Shoura frowned. "Is that why you're so demanding...I mean outside of the bedroom." He smiled and she rolled her eyes. "You think being the best Russian Mafia boss will keep them off my ass?" He gently shook his head. "Sy, its simply not going to happen. Some of them are going to see this," he pointed to his eyes, "as an opportunity." He hugged her, bringing her closer to his chest. "I got it under control. You don't have to worry about it."

But she was worried about it. It ate her. Shoura had enough enemies without having to worry about people stabbing him in the back. Shoura put on a brave face about his blindness but sometimes when they were wrapped up in each other's embrace, he revealed the truth in whispers against her hair. He was afraid of the darkness he was stuck in. And he was angry his eye sight had been taken from him. He wondered often why him and she wondered the same thing. He had to learn to do everything over again without sight, from walking to eating. Seeing him struggle and sometimes get frustrated reminded of her of her poisoning and the slow recovery after. She thought he handled everything better than she had though.

"How can I not worry?" She asked quietly. "You hypocrite, you worry all of the time." She accused.

He laughed quietly and she felt his hand move and come to settle on top of her flat stomach. "I know I'm a hypocrite but I would prefer if you didn't, sy." His hand was warm through the thin fabric of her dress. "Pregnant women aren't suppose to worry, right?" She suddenly felt a bit timid as she nuzzled the side of her face. "To add," he breathed, "granny would kill me if she found I was making you worry."

"I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be the first pregnant woman to worry about something, Shoura." She pointed out. "I love you an-" he kissed her, interrupting her. For some reason, Shoura never had issues finding her mouth perfectly.

He broke the kiss, leaving her with a frown. "You know how much I love hearing you say it. I couldn't help myself." She gave an annoyed look. "I'm sure you're giving me one hell of a look right now." He chuckled. "I love you too." He gave her a smile.

"You're so annoying," she pinched his lips again before shimming off his lap.

"So I've been told. Where are you going? My lap is cold now." He reached out for her unseeingly until she stepped closer and his hand wrapped around her wrist.