Honest

Thanks for reading. Comment and vote please.

The house was full of Bryce's men and Krissy hated it. It put her on edge.

It was like they were having a world summit with the amount of languages being thrown around. Okay, maybe she would admit that it was mostly just Italian, Spanish, and English.

Worst of all, Bryce had tried to make her stay in her room the whole time, luckily enough for her, Tony had pulled him aside and a conversation had taken place that ended up with her able to leave her room with Tony as a shadow.

She was happy her bodyguard had come thru for her because she knew Bryce wouldn't pay her word any mind. He didn't even pretend to listen to her anymore.

"Where are you going, little lady?"

Krissy stopped and looked up at the man with a frown at his tone. His eyes were shifty. She looked back ahead of her where she was headed to the back patio to maybe sit next to the pool or something.

"Outside, is that a problem, Ton?" Said man merely did that weird showing his teeth thing which she guessed was his attempt at a smile.

"It's just so hot today... Unlike your beautiful dark skin I'm as pale as a ghost and will fry in the sun. And I'm fresh out of sun block!"

Now she was really curious about what was going on outside. She made a face at him and his over the top facial expressions (they usually made her laugh) before she headed forward without a word. She threw open patio doors and stared at the scene.

Apparently someone had forgotten to invite her to the pool party.

Brown eyes took in the bikini wearing women, swim trunk clad men, and the strange sight Bryce made sitting fully clothed on a lounge chair in his black button up, black slacks, and shades. No one noticed or acknowledged her arrival except maybe Bryce. She couldn't tell with the shades, but his head sort of turned in her direction but he made no other movements besides that.

He had women hanging off him, not really of course but they were close and their body languages suggested they wanted his attention badly. Krissy pressed her lips together before she raised her chin and headed towards the darkly clad man.

She stopped at the bottom of the three steps that ascended to the part of the deck Bryce and a few others sat.

"Why wasn't I invited to this pool party?" She asked loud enough to interrupt whatever the woman closest to Bryce was saying.

Bryce smiled a slow smile that started at one corner of his lip before it spread to the other. It was when she was closer that she noted that he had indeed been looking at her the whole time and had actually watched her approach.

He stood and offered her his hand as if she needed assistance climbing up three steps. "You hate getting your hair wet, remember? The Chlorine or something?" He said in that quiet voice he used the majority of the time in the company of others. His voice had always been soft but maybe smooth was a better word, but that seemed wrong too. He'd always had the voice of someone people wanted to trust, it was calming or it use to be. She had over heard some nameless men of Bryce's saying how creepy his voice was, but she was sure that had more to do with the fact that his voice didn't match the things they had seen him do.

As soon as she was up the stairs and directed to the seat he had just vacated he let go of her quickly. She doubted anyone else noticed the twitch in his fingers before he got a hold of himself.

"Who is this, Bryce?"

They both looked at the olive skinned, dark haired woman Krissy had interrupted. She still sat in the seat closest to the one Bryce had let her have but her body was now more leaned back now that Krissy sat there. The woman's gaze revealed that she was clearly attempting to figure Krissy out. Gauge who she was and her relationship to Bryce.