Time Apart

Did you miss him?? Anways, thanks for the comments guys, it makes it so worth it to read them. Comment. Vote. Thanks.

Krissy was unsure of when Bryce was coming, but she didn't mind waiting. After breakfast, she, Granny, and Lion cleaned (Lion was actually no help and just followed Granny around). That was the thing about this place, they had little to no staff though the house was fairly large. Granny seemed to do most things, like cooking and cleaning, and Krissy had a feeling that was all because with the lively old woman didn't want anyone else to help. Krissy especially realized this when attempting to get the woman to let her help had been seemed more like trying to negotiate peace in the middle east.

"You're going to get that pretty dress dirty." Granny was still attempting to get her to stop helping even though she had been for a solid hour at the this point. "What will your...what was his name again?"

Krissy stopped dusting an end table in the living room to smile at the other woman. "Bryce." She supplied politely.

"What will your Bryce think? I think he'll get in his head that we're making you work over here if he shows up and you're covered in dust. Go wash up, I got it from here." Granny said sweeping underneath the ivory colored couch.

Krissy paid the woman no mind and got back to dusting. "I'm pretty sure I can explain to him I wanted to help and you guys aren't making me do anything." She made a clicking sound with her mouth as she thought of Bryce, "even if he doesn't always listen to me." She gently shook her head, dusting a little harder now.

"A man should always listen to the women important to them in their lives. Why on earth doesn't he listen? You seem like a girl who's smart enough to know a thing or two and be trusted."

Krissy dusting slowed as she shrugged weakly. "He just...doesn't sometimes..."

"Not good...not good at all." Granny ranted, seeming oblivious to Krissy discomfort. "He sounds as stupid as my grandson."

This made Krissy laugh a loud. "I think that might be all Bryce and Shoura have in common." Krissy said lightly.

"What do you think of my grandson?" Granny asked innocently as she swept a little dust into the pan. Krissy looked back at her, confused by her tone and question. "Besides the fact that he's stupid, but that can't be helped really, don't hold it against him."

Krissy folded the dust rag in her hand and gave Granny's question some thought. "Well, he's not what I was expecting."

Granny scoffed. "I've thought that everyday since the day Sasha and Ana brought him home from hospital. If he didn't resemble my Sasha so much I would have thought he was switched by some vindictive nurse." Krissy smiled at the woman, holding in a laugh. "But he's a good boy or rather... he's a man now." Granny smiled a bit sadly now. "It takes a special sort of man to remain good in their line of work." Krissy wasn't sure what to say. Lion rose from his place near the fire place to jump on the couch and start barking wildly. Granny shrieked something in Russian at the dog that had him leaping off the couch and running to a corner where he whined pathetically. Shaking her head at the dog, Granny huffed. "He's crazy...just crazy like the other two!"

Krissy laughed, her face was hurting from the amount of smiling and laughing she had been doing lately. "You love him though!"

Granny shrugged. "I love those other two as well, but I still want to toss them down a well, if you know what I mean." Krissy could say she understood. "Do you have any pets, Krissy?" Asked the woman.

Krissy smiled as she thought of Bacon. "Yeah, I have pig named Bacon. He's still with Bryce though."

Granny frowned very deeply at her. "A pig?" She asked with clear bewilderment. "Pigs are for eating!"