Video Games

The title is random and means nothing. So, yeah, thanks for reading, guys. Vote. Comment. Thanks.

Krissy cupped her hand underneath the cool faucet water before splashing it over her face. She looked up at her reflection and huffed.

"Girl, get it together." She whispered to herself. She took in her red eyes, the corner of her eyes ached from her wiping them so much. The fed up look she was giving herself faded as her hands gripped the edge of the sink. "This is too much..."

With another huff, Krissy primped her recently straightened hair as she forced herself not to think about what had happened just a day ago. The truth sharing or whatever someone wanted to call it with Bryce. Like people said, the truth had sharp sides and turned against anyone, even the ones sharing it.

Her hands fell from her hair as her stare stuck to her reflection became longer.

He said he loved her but he also said that wasn't enough. He said he loved her so much he couldn't even humor the thought of being with her. Because why? He was afraid of her getting hurt by so called threats real or imagined.

She had told him she would leave because she was 'here' for him but he seemed to be trying to push her away. Her hand went to her ear and she tugged lightly as she stared at her reflection blankly as her mind wondered back to Bryce, the Bryce who had been covered in scratches where rocks and branches has tore into his skin, and who's whole leg was two sizes too large, straining against a bloodied pants from his time in those woods.

She had never seen him look so afraid as when he had finally gotten back and asked her, "Are...Are you mad at me?" The look in his eyes wasn't something she could easily forget. Not when the look screamed she could break him with a single word.

And then she had gone and said she hated him.

She had told him she hated him because she thought it would stop him from trying to look out for her. She thought that if she told him she hated him and convinced him that he hated her too that it would take away Maria's ability of using her against him. She had hurt him in her attempt to help him because she loves him and thought it was worth having him think poorly of her and hurt him a little, if that kept him safe in the grand scheme of things.

They were both so fucking stupid, she realized.

She laughed suddenly. A sound that burst from her chest and sounded much higher than her usual laugh. It hurt, the laugh did, some place deep in her soul. She sobered quickly.

"I don't think you look funny at all, actually you're quite beautiful." Her gaze cut to Tony who stood in her open bathroom door, a smile on his face.

"Your wife would love to hear you say it, so next time say it to her."

He shrugged his large shoulders. "My wife thinks you're beautiful as well." He scratched at his salt and peppered beard. "She also keeps asking when you'll come by and let her teach you how to cook, like you promised. I also know a little girl who inherited her father's rather envy inspiring good looks who also is wondering when you're going to braid her hair, again, like you promised."

Krissy grimaced as she thought of Tony's family, his wife and daughter, who both seemed to like her despite she being the reason they rarely got to see their husband/dad. It wasn't that Krissy didn't in turn like them as well, but... their 'familiness', if that's a thing, just made her feel odd. It was alien to her. She couldn't remember what it was like to have a family. She also had the dashes of jealously she felt here and there watching their interactions.