01 : "Lalisa Manoban"

01 : "Lalisa Manoban, the outsider."

•  you've pushed me to the edgeso here's some clarity,the truth is, you're the one who's always there for me •

• you've pushed me to the edge
so here's some clarity,
the truth is, you're the one who's always there for me •

THE LIGHTS that seeped through the curtains as it hit her forehead directly, causing her to immediately opened her eyes. She wakes up feeling tired when she realised it's her first day as a junior. As if her freshman and sophomore years wasn't horrible enough.

She took a hairbrush from her dresser and she brushed through her now, ashy grey mixed with brunette. She looked at her skin that was indeed fairer than it was last year. She went to take a quick shower so that she could properly make up her face.

"Lalisa Manoban !" Her mother Thailand's accent that was very strong even just by calling her name. "What ?" She answered back. "Breakfast! You don't want to starve."

Lisa rolled her eyes as she took out her straightener and proceeded to do her hair before she jumps to her makeup. All of her holidays was spent with her making money during the day and practising to beautify herself at night.

She didn't want to be the unknown girl that sat alone in the cafeteria. She didn't want to be the last girl to be picked during gym and she certainly didn't want to be the laughing subject by the girls who ruled the school. Her new ambition was to be at the top so that no one can ever doubt her. She will get the crown and she'll never look down.

Lisa was feeling good when she had dressed and makeup herself but her smile dropped every time her mother started nagging. The whole time she was getting her stuff ready, her mother didn't stop nagging. She barely could even remember what was being said.

"WHERE YA get the money? Ya stole ?" mother immediately asked when she saw her daughter all dressed up. Lisa rolled her eyes as she sat on the island, eating the breakfast. "I work during the holiday since I can't get what I want." When Lisa said that, her mother's smile dropped.

Lisa noticed it but she didn't say anything. She knew it was wrong since her mother was trying so hard to earn money to pay for her expensive school since she really wanted to attend St.Andrea Academy.

When she realised the clock was almost 8 am, she sprinted out of the door, grabbing her bag in the process as she ran to the neighbourhood bus stand. She was lucky as the bus wasn't there when she arrived and she saw a few students were still there, waiting for the bus.

When the bus arrived, she picked up her bag and was on her way to board the vehicle when there was a girl her age tapped on her shoulder. "You dropped this," She said sweetly with a smile plastered on her face.

Lisa quietly thanked her and rushed to board the bus so that she could have a seat. She looked at the thin envelope that was on her hands and looked at the cover page. It was addressed to her.

She contemplated on opening it but somehow there was some kind of a weird feeling that emitted from the envelope. She shoved them in her binder amidst all of her lectures notes, wanting to focus on her fresh new day instead.

LISA KNEW life wasn't like the movies when someone who looks good stepped their feet on the school ground, everyone would stare like there was some kind of new creature had entered but somewhere that she wouldn't admit it, Lisa wished she got the attention.

She had outdone herself and actually looked nice with their school uniform, makeup and even did her hair. She needed at least one attention from someone. She walks past the typical girls squealing at one another although they sure must have met up during the holidays.

She was struggling with her lockers when suddenly people started running and took out of their phones probably updating their blog or whatever social that was in for them. She didn't think too much of it since the gossip will soon reach her anyway. That's the blessing or curse of being in an all Girl's School it depends on what's the juicy gossip of the day was.

"All students are required to assemble at Andrea And Andrew's Hall immediately." The moment all of the students heard the announcement, majority of them scattered to their respective lockers as they putting on their lipglosses upon the knowledge that the all Boys School, St. Andrew's student will be present at the assembly too.

"GOODMORNING to all beloved students of both St Andrea and St Andrew. We are happy to welcome all of you guys to a new year. For the Seniors, please bear in mind that your future depends on yourself now. There's no time to slack off anymore and please refrain from pulling jokes and pranks like some of you did last year."

"To Juniors, please think through of your next step in life and go along the path that you've chosen wisely. To both students of St Andrew and St Andrea, we would very much hope you guys to cooperate with all the teachers and every one by refraining from playing the troublesome games of truth or dare. We hope no more cases of the topic will be involved anymore."

Nonstop whispering was being thrown the moment the girls exited the joint hall. Lisa wanted to join in their shenanigans but it seemed like they've built a wall around their circles.

She was busy looking around when she bumped into a tall brunette with her slender figure. She hissed at Lisa as she picked up her binders. "Watch where you're going," Lisa picked up her binders and the envelope caught her attention again.

She enters her Chemistry class and managed to snatch a seat in the front. Their teacher was there but it seemed like all of the students were still indulging themselves on the latest gossip as they scroll through the joint school blog.

Lisa carefully took out the envelope from her binders and once again contemplated on opening the letter. She slowly tears it open as flipped the letter to read its contents.

SEPTEMBER 11th, 2018

Lalisa 'Pranpiya' Manoban, Locker #273
St. Andrea Academy,
Junior Class of 2018.
AutumnWoods.

Dear Lalisa Manoban,

Congratulations! You have been chosen to participate in the annual Perfectionist Game of 2018-2019. Consider yourself as lucky as you are one of the chosen one to participate in this exclusive game.

Please meet us at midnight tonight, at St.Andrea's Gym. You will be brief about the rules and regulations with the former players and mentor of Perfectionist 2017-2018.

If you tell anyone about this you will regret it. We won't hesitate to play the game in our own way just to show you who you are dealing with. Please bring this invitation with you at the meetup. Attendance is required.

Sincerely,
Perfectionist's Audience.

Sincerely, Perfectionist's Audience