02 : "Park Jimin"

02: "Park Jimin, the nerd"

•i was as pure as a riverbut now i think i'm possessedyou put a fever inside meand i've been cold since you left•

i was as pure as a river
but now i think i'm possessed
you put a fever inside me
and i've been cold since you left•

NO ONE would have guessed it, no one would suspect it. The letter that was in his hand fell when he slammed his lockers shut before taking the letter. "You okay, Vice President ?" He looks up to the voice and sees Hoseok, one of the school jocks patting his shoulders. He didn't know if it was a sincere question or was it another thing amongst the jocks that he didn't understand.

He plastered his usually smile as he buttoned his blazer, "yeah, why wouldn't I be? And truthfully, I am so glad that none of you is tardy for the first day." His mind went back to the letter he received. He felt too enervate to continue on the first day although not even an hour of school has passed.

He was talking to his clubmate when his eyes caught the sight of the male who became the cynosure last year. He's a senior now. He can't believe the board of directors still let him passed his junior year. He had a smug face as he walks down the hall passing by the jocks who called him, 'grenade', 'firecracker', and even 'time bomb' as their running joke of what happened last year.

"Hello? Earth to Jimin? Are you still there or am I talking to myself?" Jimin cut his trance and focus back on the person in front of him. "Yes? Sorry?" He said while adjusting his glasses. "The principal wanted a joint assembly so go make the announcement, Vice President." Jin, their Student Council President told him. Jin is in his senior year now so most duties will be given to him to let the President focus on college.

IT WAS LUNCHTIME and as usual, he sat with his friends, the people from the students' council. "Oh my lord, I can't believe that troublemaker Taehyung is allowed to be a senior. He blew up the labs for God sake." Their sectary, Min Jae whines. "Well, at least the rebellious Namjoon and slacker Yoongi are being punished. They are repeating their senior year." Jin said.

In actual fact, Jin did too but it was because of health issues that he took a break from school. "Well, since they've shown their real sides, it's better that we'll keep our distance from them. Who knows they might be typical, "I'm gonna shoot the whole school" kids." Min Jae added again. "They're not White," Jimin added which causes the table to stifle a laugh.

"Oh look, the nerds can take a joke," Hoseok said out loud which made his table cheered and doing airhorn noises. "We thought that the only joke they'll understand is He He Helium jokes." One of the jock, Mingyu laughs and so did their table. Jimin looked around the table and spotted Jungkook who rather focused on his meals.

"When did Jeon started hanging out with jocks?"Jimin asked his group ignoring the remarks from the jocks. "Well, that's junior Jungkook to you. Apparently, St.Andrea's princess has her eyes on him which escalated his popularity pyramid. He's still awkward though. But don't be surprised if one day he becomes a jock all of sudden."

HIS FIRST DAY ended well if he didn't count the letter that he got. He was walking home from school when his eyes caught a famous person after what she did last year. She was talking with Jungkook or more accurate flirting with him. His head was down at his shoes as she kept twirling her hair at him.

Jimin passed by him since technically they weren't friends but Jimin still remembers the awkward and shy Jungkook freshman and sophomore years. "Jungkook! Hey! I've been looking all over for you, "He waved at the man. Jungkook was appaled but he ran from the girl and went to Jimin's side.

"Why was Sana, a senior talking to you?"Jimin wasted no time in prying him. Jungkook shrugged his shoulders looking back at Sana. "She's been all over me this holiday. Talking about how I've glowed up and shorts. Thanks, man, "He patted Jimin's back.

Jimin looked at Jungkook and realised that he did glow up. Everything about him seemed more manly and his body was very nice. That was the only word Jimin could come up with. "Are you walking home?" Jungkook asked and he nodded. "I"ll take you home, "He rests his long arms on Jimin's shoulder turning his body towards the parking lot."

The car ride wasn't awkward but Jimin felt like it was. Jimin found Jungkook more likeable. The man has a great body and he's sweet and moreover, he can drive. No wonder his popularity ranking increases massively. He became everyone dream guys. And Jimin was sure the gays loved him too. But what a mystery was him. It was weird how a second ago he felt nothing towards the man but now, he suddenly becomes nervous around him.

Jimin didn't want to get caught looking so he stares at the dashboard instead. He saw a letter that was sticking out from one of his books. "You got a warning letter or a secret admirer letter?" He said pointed at the letter. "What?"Jungkook looked at his way. "That---Oh-- Well, not exactly a warning and not exactly a secret admire. Maybe just a secret letter." He stumbles with his word. Another he learns today about Jungkook was, he was a really really bad liar.

When Jungkook dropped him off, he thanks the male and was off running to the basement, his secret sanctuary. His parents insisted on leaving on one of the vacant room upstairs but he preferred the basement for more privacy more so after what happened last summer. He plopped himself on the bed before reading the letter he receives again.

SEPTEMBER 11th, 2018

Park Jimin, Locker #136
Vice Class President.
St. Andrew Academy,
Junior Class of 2018.
AutumnWoods.

Dear Park Jimin,

Congratulations! You have been chosen to participate in the annual Perfectionist Game of 2018-2019. Consider yourself as lucky as you are one of the chosen one to participate in this exclusive game.

Please meet us at midnight tonight, at St.Andrew's Art Room #2. You will be brief about the rules and regulations with the former players and mentor of Perfectionist 2017-2018.

If you tell anyone about this you will regret it. We won't hesitate to play the game in our own way just to show you who you are dealing with. Please bring this invitation with you at the meetup. Attendance is required.

Sincerely,
Perfectionist's Audience.

Sincerely, Perfectionist's Audience