Lies

They put a gas mask on me. I take it off. "There was a man dark hair, long, maybe 5'6, white" I say out of breath and they put it back on. Bret sits me up and Pat's my back to get the smoke out. I see John rush over. "You alright" He asked. I nod and point once I see the man. "GET HIM" boden yells and John flys, he Chases the guy and tackles him. I take the mask off. "I'm ok Bret" I smile. Then Ben comes over with Gabby. "I got her, I'm a doctor" Ben says. He checks me out and checks my breathing. "She'll be ok" He says. I take the mask off and walk but quickly fall. John rushes to my side and picks me up. Ben checks my leg out. "You sprained your ankle, well not completely" ben tells me. "How long am I gonna be off the job" I ask. "You'll be ok by tomorrow, it's not too bad" He answers. "Sorry Mel" He smiles walking off. "Hey Mel get home and rest" Kelly says. "Come on I'll take you" John smiles carrying me. "Ah my knight in marine armor" I laugh. I give him my address and he carries me there. "Your not tired" I ask. "Nope you weigh as much as a paperclip" He smiles. He carries me up the stairs and I unlock the door. He sits me on my couch. "Why thank you" I smile. "It was my pleasure, I should get going I have to work later" He smiles. "Here's my number" I say writing it on a piece of paper and handing it to him. "Thanks, I'll call you" He smiles leaving. I stand and lock the door. I limp all the way to my room and grab some clothes. Then I hear a knock at my door, I limp all the way over, it's Nathaniel. "Hey" I smile hugging him. "Ben told me to bring you this" He smiles holding a ankle brace and crutches. "Thanks" I smile. I sit down and put the brace on, I grab the crutches. Then Maxx comes in. "You both need to learn to close doors" Maxx smiles hugging me. "Ok well I'm going to bed" I smile. "We'll be on your couch eating your food and drinking your drinks" They both say laughing. I go to my room, grab clothes and shower, I get out and go to bed.
Morning
I wake up to a knock at the door. I open the door to see John. Then I hear a glass break. I look and see Nate. "Dude" I say. "It was Maxx" He says. "Maxx is sleeping" I say and see Maxx on his phone. "Why couldn't I have sisters" I ask out loud. "HEY" they both yelled. "John these are my idiot brothers Maxx and Nathaniel, Idiot brothers this is Johnathan Abraham" I say. "Nice to meet you" John says coming in and shaking their hands. "You too" Maxx and Nate say. John and I sit on the couch. "Don't you have work to get too" I ask. "In an hour or so, I wanted to see if you could help me with this case I got from a Mr. Voight" He asks. "Which one" I ask and he hands me a file. I read through it. "I know this case" I say. "What can you tell me about it" He asks. "I was the one who found the kids" I say. His face quickly goes into confusion. "It says that a Jack Halstead found them" He says confused. "Maxx" I say turning my head. "I should go" He says grabbing his stuff. "You son of a" I get cut off by Nate saying "beeeeep, language". "MAXX" I yell standing up. "ok Daniel wanted to keep you out of the mix so he said Jack found him, he didn't want Marines coming after you" Maxx says quickly. "I'm not scared of anyone coming after me if he comes down to justice" I say. "I found the kids, I saved a little boy in the window" I say. "Come on John I'll show you the building" I say. We get in his car and he drives to the address.