guns and dogs

"just remember he deserves a 2nd chance, he's mad at himself not you" Daniel expresses. "I know" I sigh. I go to the guest bedroom, shower then get some sleep.
Morning
I wake up and change my clothes, Daniel had went to work so it was just me and his dog Moose. I need to go home, I'm engaged what happens when we get married, I'm just going to run. I check my phone to see 30 missed calls from John. I call him back.

John:Im so sorry, please come home

Me:I want to help I do but you just don't want it

John:please, I'm so so sorry, I was just upset about my mobility

Me:I'll be there soon

John:I love you

Me:bye

I hang up and head home. I walk inside and he hugs me instantly. We sit on the couch it was quiet. "have you stretched it" I asked and he shook his head. I stand him up with me and have him walk on it as I hold him. "can you feel your foot" I ask. "yeah hurts like hell" He answers. I knew he would be fine.
1 week later
John was walking fine and we were little by little getting back to the love we had, we moved into our new house and had set up all our furniture. I had woken up to get ready for work as my phone rings for ft. I answer. "hey babe just making sure your up for work" John says. "yeah just barely awake" I laugh. I hear a knock on the door like a cop. "I'll call you back" I say hanging up. I call dad since I know hes the closest to me. I look through the peep hole to see two guys holding guns ready to shoot but no badge. "hey carrots what's going on" He asks. "dad 2 guys are outside my house, no badges but they have weapons" I whisper. They start trying to bust open the door so I run to the basement, I move my shelf and get into the crawlspace I moved the shelf to cover it. "I'm on my way, what did they look like" dad asked panicked. "white male around 30, green eyes brown hair, the other Hispanic around 18 black hair Brown eyes, they had a black 1988 toyota looked like a truck" I whisper. "Halstead where are you" a man asks. "dude she's probably at work" the younger one I assume says. I start crawling through the crawlspace, I crawl up to my bedroom. I take the gun from my dresser after locking my bedroom door. I click the home Alarm that send to the cops and John. I go downstairs quietly. I point my gun at the two guys. "why are you in my house" I ask and they smiled. "come any closer and my house will blow" I threaten. "shes lying" the white man says. "try me, my fiance is a marine, my father was in the army shall I continue" I ask standing my ground. "we're trying to get to Daniel" the young one says just as they both get shot in the leg. John and the unit came in. "you ok" John asks hugging me. "I'm fine" I nod. "good girl" dad says nodding. They take the guys and I sit on the stairs. "I want dogs" I say. "how many" he asks. "4" I answer. "that's a lot" He says. "a baby or a dog" I shrug. "I'll work on those dogs" He says standing. "as for the baby we'll see when it happens" he smiles walking off. I call my friend to fix up the door and stuff then head to work. Work was slow today. I go home after my shift and see dogs and a puppy. "name them" John smiles.

Risk

Risk

K

it

Walker

Walker

"I love themmmm" I smile.