Chapter One: How Bad Do You Want It?

January 2nd
Location: Burbank, California

Erin London sat anxiously in front of a panel with a movie script in hand, she cleared her throat setting it aside to show she had memorized her lines

"Nigga you got three days to come up off my money if I don't see it within seventy two hours you done"

The director John Singleton held up his hand to stop her from reciting anymore lines.

" It's not right"

"What should I improve on?"

Erin typically played the prim and proper role which was easy because it was partially who she was in reality but this, this was far from her comfort zone.

"I admire the time you took to memorize your lines but did you take the time to actually read and understand the script?"

"Yes it's loosely based on Queen Pin who had a huge roll in the crack epidemic in South Central during the eighties"

"Correct but what you just did was not it at all, have you ever heard of a drug dealer from South Central speaking proper?"

Erin couldn't come up with a memory of when she had ever heard or witnessed a drug dealer from South Central speak.

"It shows" John tapped his pen on the table resting his chin in his palm staring at Erin intently, she tried her best to keep on a brave face but felt the looks of judgment from the panel.

"What do you suggest I do to better with my performance?"

"Simple stop using fancy words and lose the I'm rich look you have going on"

The panel laughed in unison at how John had read her, excluding himself who looked to each side of the table with an unamused look on his face.

" Would you all give me a moment with Miss Erin?" John asked agitatedly, the few panel members obeyed standing and exiting stage left.

"I can do better"

"I don't want better, I want phenomenal"

John stood up walking around the table sitting on top of it, folding his hands into his lap. Again he looked at her closely.

"Do you know why I chose you specifically for this role Erin?"

"Because you think I'm a good actress?" Erin dragged out.

"No, not with the mediocre roles you accepted over the course of your career"

John told her truthfully, Erin frowned up her face slightly offended at how he described her work that she believed was her best.

" I chose you because you needed to be challenged to make yourself a good actress and to also prove that you can take on more than the stereotypical, high maintenance, bimbo ass woman"