Chapter Fourteen: Ruined

"What do you want?" I held up bags of take out outside of Erin's spot, after the disaster yesterday I was tryna get shit straight with her and get us back on track

"I can't come check on the mother of my kid?"

"Your kid that isn't born yet?" She crossed her arms over her chest rolling her neck slightly.

"This shit heavy move aside so I can bring it in"

I was tired of backing down just to avoid her wrath, we had a whole kid on the way and I wasn't going to let her walk around and do this shit on her own.

"Don't you have to go play family with your number one ?" I laughed shaking my head, the idea of Tanisha being my number one was sickening and funny.

"I'm here wit my number one right now, show me around yo spot before you eat"

"You know the place why do you have to be shown around?" Erin attitude was really testing me but I knew she was still angry about being alone during her first ultrasound.

"Because you live here now and it doesn't look the same at all"

My nigga Cane would have been proud to see how Erin hooked his spot up with a nice ass paint job and the furniture was modern as hell.

"Come on because you are fucking up my Netflix binge"

"What we watching today?" She rolled her eyes showing me around downstairs, she had set up a home office in the dining room, my attention was caught by the box with a baby swinger.

"You already starting yo baby shopping?"

"Yeah before I really get into filming and get too busy" I bit the inside of my cheek nodding.

"So you didn't think to invite me to do it wit you?"

Erin shrugged climbing the steps to the upstairs, instead of having the usual hardwood floor it was covered with nice ass carpet, I felt like I should have taken my sneakers off at the door.

"Why? when you probably would have ditched me" She opened a bedroom door showing off the empty room " I might as well practice doing things all by myself"

"I'm not letting you do shit by yo self, the other day was a misunderstanding I was looking out for you"

"I don't care about how your daughter's mom feels, you could have brought your daughter back with you for all I cared but to just leave me alone for something so important was fucked up"

"I did fuck up, again and I'm trying to fix shit I got a lot on my plate and I just need yo patience wit me"

Erin lead me to her room with the giant ass bed, she walked over to her nightstand opening it up and taking something out.

"I grew up in a very broken home and was raised by nannies, having a chance at motherhood when I didn't even have my own mother is scary as hell and I just need someone in my corner to walk me through this, I can't do this alone" She turned around handing me the sheet of ultrasound pictures.

"I'm trying to be there for you, you just keep pushing me away"

"I'm hurt, still hurt how you treated me and if I have to put my hurt on the back burner for the benefit of this baby I will"

"I don't expect you to just ignore yo hurt, you deserve to be angry and shit I just want you to let me be a father and yo support system" I looked at the pictures of our baby at nine weeks.

"You have another child to look after and that was clear at the hospital that she needs you more than I do"

I rubbed my face, Emani was top of my list because I missed out on five years of her life and was trying to catch up as fast as I could.

"Boog besides Emani, my mom and Sam you are on the same tier as them when it comes to being important in my life, I missed out with Emani I don't want the same for our kid"

I put my hand out hesitantly resting my hand on her small bump, Erin looked down at my hand and back up at me.

"I want you here for our baby too Hussle"

For once she was let her guard down for me , I took my hand off her stomach and rested it on her side. I hadn't touched her in months like this and it shit felt good.

"W-what food did you get?" Erin stepped back making my hand fall, I nodded understanding we weren't there yet.

"Some soul food from a spot I go to, I hope you not allergic to anything"

"No and I'm starving I don't know where to shop or where to get takeout that's actually taste good around here"

"Don't worry about all that, I got you"

We were being civil for more than five minutes shit was a record, I got out the food when my phone buzzed. 

Crazy Hoe: Ermias, I need you to come get Mani I have to go out and my mom won't watch her for me today.

This was the worst fucking timing and it felt like Tanisha knew when shit was cool with me and Erin so she could fuck this up.

"Boog, I got to head out and get Emani"

"Of course because when her mom calls you run" 

"Yeah because it's about my kid you gotta understand that Boog, my kid comes first"

"Right, just go ahead and here how about you take the food to your Nisha" She tossed the food into the bags and slid them to me.

"You hungry stop playing and getting so defensive I'm just going to pick up my daughter what's the issue?"

"My issue is this is second time I invite you in and Emani's mom calls and you run"

"Yeah because of my daughter!" I shouted making her flinch, this shit was becoming a headache for me.

" Alright I don't want the food and lock your door on the way out" 

Erin turned away leaving out the kitchen, I groaned leaving the food on the counter.

"Boog I will come back I just have to get my daughter"

"Don't bother, you just opened my eyes that I will be doing this on my own, get out and lock the door"

Erin bitterly replied sitting on the couch hitting the remote to play whatever she was watching on Netflix. I sighed walking out and locking the door on my way out.

Tanisha was really ruining any reconciliation with Erin and Erin needed to learn she wasn't the only important person in my life.

"Fucking women yo!"