Chapter Sixteen: Positions

"Get yo fine ass dressed, you coming with me"

Samantha barged her way into my home nicely dressed, I shook my head sitting down on the couch to eat some more of my fruit salad.

"Dress up for what? I'm really not up for all of that"

"To go support my niece at her school play"

"To be around your brother, I'm cool" I folded my arms staring at the television.

"I ain't take you as the type to give up easily"

Samantha walked up my steps while I continued to sit and watch television, a few minutes she returned with some of my dresses in hand.

"Which one you want to put on, I'm thinking the black because it will fit perfectly with this red jacket"

"I said I'm not going"

" Hurry up and shower"

She ignored me laying the clothes on my sectional, I sighed getting up to go shower realizing Samantha wasn't going to let me say no to her.

How much longer could I avoid Hussle with a baby on the way? we were tied together forever whether I liked it or not, it wasn't about me anymore it was about my unborn.

"Just know I'm doing this to help bring you and my brother together to stop all of this unnecessary beefing and because Mani requested you come because she saw you do your thing with acting on set and she wants you to see her"

"I'm down for the cause of supporting your niece but your brother has made it clear who has his attention and it damn sure ain't me"

"That bitch got y'all fucked up foreal he thinking you making him choose between Emani and you and you thinking he wants that trick ass hoe" She paced my floor rubbing her temples

" I'm tired of this hoe she been a headache since she came in my brother's life"

I hadn't been in Nipsey's life for that long but I knew his baby mom was a pain in the ass and nothing but trouble.

"Well your brother sure isn't helping when he's out in public looking real cozy with her when he claims he don't even like her"

"He doesn't but for his daughter he keeps shit cool especially when she's around he don't like all that bad energy around her and if he show he don't like Tanisha she will get petty and keep Emani from my brother"

That explained him being all friendly in the store the other day, I just wasn't comfortable with it when he knew that his baby mom wasn't over him.

"I get it but he doesn't have just one responsibility to deal with anymore, I know the baby isn't here yet but damn he has already put us on the back burner twice to appease Emani's mother"

"He tryna keep shit peaceful but I understand where you are coming from but you have to understand too that you aren't the only person with his child and ya'll aren't married or even together so right now he doesn't owe you too much of his time unless it deals with the child"