Chapter Twelve: Mommy Issues

February 11th

"Mother, what a surprise"

She barged her way into my trailer on set in an all white pants suit and her face covered with a giant ass fedora and designer glasses.

"Is this is what your career has come to?"

"I'm sorry?" I asked, this was the biggest role of my career and somehow my mother found a way to find something negative about it.

"I have to hear around Hollywood that my daughter is playing a drug lord and having to be around actual thugs"

I shook my head, she would die right here if I told her I was carrying one of the "thugs" baby or that I was one of those thugs.

"So I'm confused are you coming to congratulate me or here to express your disgust?"

"Look how they have you working" She wiped her fingers across the counter rubbing her fingers together like it was dusty.

"Only you see a problem with a luxury trailer"

"I've raised you better"

I laughed shaking my head, I plopped down on the couch knowing this was going to be a long day.

"You raised me? From my memory it was the countless nannies raising me"

"Don't start that sob story how I wasn't around, I was working to give you a good life"

Another laugh escaped my lips, my mother was delusional.

"Working? Is that what you called scamming old men out of their money when you already had money that you took from dad?"

" Those old men kept you in designer"

" I didn't need those type of things I just wanted you around giving me the love and attention I begged for"

My mother folded her arms over her newly purchased implants.

"I didn't abuse you or put you in harms way you came out pretty okay outside of wanting to live in the ghetto"

"All I asked from you was to be my mother and to show you care just a little about me, I need you now"

I needed her support more than anything with this pregnancy, it was nice getting Sammie and Miss Angelique's support but I needed my own mother.

" Honey please you are grown I've done my job"

"Then why are you here? Why do you insist on putting your nose in my business if I'm so grown?" I raised my eyebrow.