Chapter Ten: It's A Family Affair, Raise Your Glass In The Air EXCEPT Erin.

February 8th

Nipsey H.

"You don't want to take your coat off?"

Emani sat on the couch bundled up in her coat and hat with her back pack strapped to her. She had been like this since her mom had dropped her off an hour ago.

"Mommy" She whined and cried.

"Mommy is at work she'll be back soon"

Emani ignored me continuing to cry with her bottom lip poked out, I had been surfing the channels trying to put on something that she liked that would calm her down.

"You like Doc McStuffins?"

This wasn't our first time together, she had been coming over after school during the week and overnight during the weekends for the past two weeks and every time this was what we went through until she fell asleep or my mom and Sammie came to get her.

Nipsey: Ma, please help me she still crying and I don't know what she wants.

I was out of ideas on how to get her to feel comfortable around me, she just wasn't feeling me and that shit stung.

Mom: Why is she upset?

Nipsey: She wants her mom, she won't even take off her coat and hat to get comfortable on the couch.

I gazed over at her still slumped down on the couch because of her tightly packed book bag with all her covers and clothes for the weekend.

Mom: Ermias she's a very adventurous child, you can't just sit her on the couch in front of the television and think she just wants to sit there and watch it all day.

Nipsey: Well can I bring her over to you?

I didn't expect for Emani to react to me like this for this long, I thought she would at least be warmed up to me right now.

Mom: Not today, you need to figure things out on your own, you are her father you need to build that bond on your own.

I wiped my hand down my face, what could I do with Emani, she didn't even want to be around me.

"Emani you want to take a ride wit me?"

"Are we getting mommy?" I sighed, this was going to be difficult.

"No but-

Her bottom lip quivered and the water works sparked up again. An idea finally popped into my head about where to take her.

"Emani, do you want to go see da fish?"

"Fish?" She sniffed sitting up.

I got some tissue off my coffee table squatting in front of her wiping her face and nose of all the boogies like I did Boog when she was grieving Cane.