atsushi n. / umbrella

Sitting in the Agency, a [h/c] girl works hard. Next to her is a lazy, brown haired male. He was currently humming a song, probably about suicide, knowing him. Across the room, the Detective keeping the agency alive was busy trying to convince someone to buy his sweets.

"I'll do it!"

The person that happily gave away their time, was Atsushi. [y/n] had a small crush on him. She would steal glances at him everyday. Sometimes, their eyes meet, making it awkward for [y/n]. She really wanted to confess, but was scared that he didn't return her feelings. She eyed him as he was told what candy to buy.

Atsushi walked out of the door, reciting the massive list Rampo had for him. [y/n] was almost done with her work when she heard light rain. It was pouring light on the windows, making a noise alerting all the members in the room.

"Guess we have to go.."

Dazai sighed, walking out the door. Everyone soon followed, expect [y/n]. The longer she stayed, the more it rained. The only reason she was staying back was because she had misplaced her umbrella somewhere.

"Where did I put that thing..?"

Slowly panicking, she heard the agency door open. At the door was a dripping wet Atsushi, holding a bag dripping water.

"Seems like everyone left.."

Atsushi noticed [y/n] standing by his desk, pacing around.

"Huh? [y/n], what are you doing here?"

[y/n] jumps a little, blushing lightly. She tells Atsushi her problem, while Atsushi found his umbrella. Atsushi questions [y/n], asking if she wanted him to bring her to her home. [y/n] agreed, slowly getting embarrassed.

The two walk to her house, silently. [y/n] cursed herself slightly for being awkward. Still, she wanted to make at least small talk.

"Umm, how are your missions going?"

"They have been fine."

[y/n] desperately wanted to confess right at the moment, but the conversation was getting awkward again. Once the duo made it to her front door, Atsushi waved goodbye to [y/n]. Before he left, [y/n] quickly ran up to him. Atsushi was caught off guard, blushing at the closeness. Before he knew it, she was gone.

Realizing what she had done, Atsushi was surprised.

'She just kissed me!'

——————