tanizaki j. / realization

Tanizaki had a massive crush on [y/n] [l/n]. Only, [y/n] really didn't like him.

~~~~~

Honestly [y/n] never knew that her crush would get in the way of her work. It started as a small crush, until it grew larger and larger. She couldn't stop fawning over a man she could never get. The lucky guy was Dazai Osamu, one of her co-workers. She knew that he didn't return her feelings, but she still had a massive crush on him.

What she didn't know was that another one of her co-workers had a crush on her as well. The unfortunate guy was Tanizaki. He knew that [y/n] had a big crush on Dazai (thanks to Naomi). He wanted to figure out a way to make [y/n] love him, but he was afraid of what Naomi might think and how [y/n] would react. Tanizaki knew that [y/n] probably thought he was content on loving Naomi, but he truly wanted [y/n]'s love.

[y/n] only talked to him briefly in the agency, most of the time for work. She never talked to him casually, everything was about work. The only time he ever saw her outside of work was on Sundays, where she would hang out with Naomi. But, suddenly she started to talk to him. It was all out of nowhere.

Tanizaki was sure Naomi was up to something, but [y/n] only asked him on advice on how to ask her crush out. Tanizaki was hoping she was talking about him, but that only happens in those silly fan fictions/cheesy love movies Naomi forced him to watch/read.

~~~

Tanizaki couldn't bare to see [y/n]. It had been news that [y/n] finally confessed to Dazai. He didn't want to hear whether or not Dazai accepted or rejected her. He wanted the outcome to be rejected, but he knew that was too selfish of him. He truly tried to catch her eye, but all his work was in vain.

The moment he saw her next to Dazai, he knew that she was head over heels in love for him. Oh, how unfair. Everyone else gets happy endings all the time, even the bad guys, so why couldn't Tanizaki? Maybe it was because of his blandness, or he was just that forgettable.

Tanizaki silently weeps in pain and sadness. He was in the café under the agency. He could hear everyone in the agency congratulating the two new couple. Tanizaki sighs, setting down his already cold cup of hot chocolate. He had been staring at his reflection in the cup.

Am I that boring?

Tanizaki looks out the window. He sees people, couples, siblings, and friends together. Maybe he should focus his feelings and emotions towards others. He was so caught up in trying to make [y/n] fall in love with him that he'd been ignoring his sister and friends at the agency.

So, when Naomi asked him to shop with her, he agreed. For the first time in a while, he felt amazing. He completely forgot that he used to love [y/n], the rejection, and being sad. He started to smile, looking at the sunset. He looked back to see Naomi, Atsushi, and Kyouka. He promised them that he would hang out with them. Tanizaki decided that he would stop being gloomy and focus on his other relationships.

Tanizaki made the right decision, being happy with his friends felt much better. He smiles. All this could have never happened if he didn't like [y/n] in the first place. So, when the four of them looked at the night sky and saw a shooting star, Tanizaki wished that someone would get a happy ending like him.

Thank you, [y/n], for making me realize that I need to care about others than being selfish.

~~~~~

Tanizaki feels so OOC in this. >~<
Sorry if I ruined your best boy...