higuchi i. / just friends

requested by @Waifu_Child
so sorry this took so long! But, thanks for waiting for me to finish this. ^w^
Fem! Reader x Higuchi

—————

It was no lie that [y/n] and Higuchi were inseparable. They were stuck together like glue. The only times [y/n] and Higuchi were seen apart was when either one of them were on missions. [y/n] and Higuchi currently were both on a lunch break. A secret that not many knew about the two were that major anime fans. So, they always talked about shows they watched. But, Higuchi surprised [y/n] with some unexpected news.

"I really like....Akutagawa-senpai!" Higuchi was scared to confess her feelings to him. [y/n] was scared as well. Mostly because she had a very big crush on Higuchi. She was just as better at hiding her feelings than Higuchi. [y/n] sort of knew about Higuchi's crush since Higuchi was too 'revealing' about her crush. [y/n] wished she could get Higuchi to like her, but that only happened in the animes she watches.

I want to help, but I don't want to at the same time...

"I'm...busy with missions....sorry..." That was the first time [y/n] had lied to Higuchi. It felt horrible and guilty, but [y/n] knew that she was going to cry if she stayed any longer. [y/n] rushed out of the café, hearing Higuchi yelling her name. [y/n] hides in an alley.

What should I do? I don't want to lose my friendship with her...

[y/n] was thinking, if Higuchi confesses but Akutagawa says no, Higuchi will become very sad. Sad that she might despise him. [y/n] hears Higuchi looking for her, as she turns away to get the the headquarters.

~~~

"Did you hear the rejection?"

"Yeah, heard it was bad."

"He didn't even listen to her whole confession."

"Harsh, guess that's what happens when you confess to someone like that.."

[y/n] was looking for Higuchi, she was sure that the rumors were about her confessing to Akutagawa. [y/n] reached Higuchi's room. Softly, she knocks the door.

"Go away." [y/n] could tell that Higuchi was most definitely crying. [y/n] sighs. She picked open the lock on Higuchi's door. Higuchi was hidden away in her blankets, sulking.

"[y/n]—"

Before Higuchi could tell [y/n] to leave, [y/n] ran and hugged her tightly. Higuchi started to sob on her shoulder. [y/n] started to comfort her, feeling a little relieved that Akutagawa didn't accept Higuchi's confession. After Higuchi was done crying, [y/n] started to ask questions.

"How do you feel?"

Higuchi wipes her tears away, "A little less horrible."

"I don't think I could ever be in love after that.."

Hearing that [y/n] starts to feel like suffocating. [y/n] awkwardly smiles, "So, I'll get your paperwork, alright?"

Higuchi smiles back, "Thank you! You're the best friend I could ever ask for!"

[y/n] quickly sits up, walking to Higuchi's door. [y/n] hears Higuchi yelling thank you, even if she sounds like she was crying for over two hours. [y/n] rushes to her office. Sitting in her chair, she stares at the ceiling.

Oh, why? Why did it have to end this way?

[y/n] starts to tear up, letting the tears stain her face. [y/n] sobs quietly to herself, feeling terrible. She gets up, and starts to walk to get Higuchi's paperwork in her office.

While [y/n] was in Higuchi's office, she looks at a photo that was taken last year. It was a celebration photo, when the Port Mafia had defeated the Guild along side the Armed Detective Agency. [y/n] smiles. That was the night she knew she truly loved Higuchi. [y/n] loved her so much. Of course Higuchi would never know, never know how much torture it was for [y/n] to not cry every time in front of her.

Of course, that's how [y/n]'s story must end. [y/n] checks the time. It was 6:35 PM. The time she talked to Higuchi was around 5:05 PM, so [y/n] quickly rushed out of Higuchi's office. [y/n] chuckles to herself, thinking about how much she would go through for Higuchi.

—————