ranpo e. / assistant

Thanks for the reads! I hope this book is enjoyable! XD

——————
Ranpo was known for having an enormous sweet tooth. He would like any candy, any. If you thought you got a candy before him, you were horribly wrong. He would always have eaten or known of a candy way before you did. As his assistant for everything (apart from solving cases, he can do that without a partner), you saw him a lot. Your first few days wasn't exciting, nor cool as you thought it was going to be.

You had thought you could at least help with solving the puzzle, but Ranpo always solved it before you could even say a word. It was a challenge for you to try to solve anything without the help of Ranpo. You were told he didn't have an ability like everyone else, even though his deductions could easily pass as an ability. He would ask for very random things, it was like a chore to get everything he wanted.

By the time you got everything, he would ask for more. It was tiring for you, but you still did it because you, secretly, liked him. Also, you were his assistant. You had a small worry he found out already, thanks to his ability. But, many of the others told you he didn't. You wanted to trust them, but the worry wouldn't go away. You were finally getting closer to Ranpo, after a few weeks, but a question he asked made you scared.

//////////////

"Hey, [y/n]-chan."

"What is it Ranpo-kun?"

Ranpo looked a little scared, as he was worried of your response to his question.

"Do you have a crush on someone?"

You felt like hiding away after hearing his question. Why in the world would Ranpo even ask that? He didn't seem like the type to question people about relationships.

"Well, to be honest, yes. I do, Ranpo-kun."

Ranpo turned his head away from you, now looking at his lollipop instead.

"Okay.."

You were sad for the rest of the day, thinking that you upset Ranpo. Though, Ranpo already knew of your feelings. He just wanted to here it from you.

//////////////

You were currently walking to Ranpo's favorite candy shop. Surprisingly, Ranpo tagged along with you. He usually doesn't even try to move out of his spot at all. Once you entered the shop, Ranpo picked out a ton of sweets. All the sweets he picked out could probably last you for two years. Finally, after what seemed like a century, you both walked out the shop with way more candy than before.

On the walk to the agency, Ranpo starts rambling about stuff you didn't pay attention to. He was most likely telling you how much he loved the candy he just bought. Out of nowhere, Ranpo stops.

"[y/n]-chan, you like me."

"What—!"

Ranpo looked at you, making you notice the glimmer in his eyes.

"And, my answer to that is simple. I like you, too."

——————

the ending was sort of rushed, sorry!