dazai o. / fateful day

Dazai was to find a lady named [y/n] [l/n]. Why? Kunikida just told him to. He didn't know why he was doing it, but it was more entertaining than being yelled at by Kunikida. Dazai had given up by this point. It had been two days since Kunikida told him to find this person, and he had no leads so far.

The only lead he had was that their hair color was [h/c] and they were living somewhere in Yokohama. It didn't really help that the only photo of them was really blurry. Dazai could barely see a person in the photo. He sighed. He was feeling good today, too. He thought he could find her, but it was all in vain.

He decided to go to his favorite spot ; a rooftop building. When he went up to the building, he didn't really expect to see a lady with [h/c] about to jump off.

—————

Dazai didn't know why he did what he did, but he saved her. Now, he was sitting next to the lady in Yosano's office. She was slightly injured, but it was nothing Yosano couldn't fix. Dazai didn't get injured, but he wasn't acting like himself. Yosano told him that she would be okay when she woke up, but Dazai couldn't help but feel like something bad was going to happen.

He fell asleep next to the mystery lady, and awoke to a very weird discovery. The lady had disappeared. Dazai finally had the puzzle pieced together. Kunikida must have gotten an order from Fukuzawa to find an ability user. This lady must have been the ability user ; [y/n] [l/n].

—————

How stupid could [y/n] be? Stupid enough to let her guard down. That fateful night, she was about to use her ability until a problem got in her way. If only that weird guy with the bandages wasn't there. She could have been gone by now. She had known where she was when she woke up, she was in the Armed Detective Agency's office or some sort of nurse's room in the agency. The guy that ruined her plan was Dazai Osamu.

What a nuisance. He had a way of getting in trouble. Especially in his days in the mafia. [y/n] could remember multiple events that occurred thanks to Dazai. She was so scared of talking to him back then. She was just a low ranked member, she had no business to talk to him. But she still let herself get careless.

She let herself get attached to him. Attached enough to make her fall in love with him. How childish of her. She should have given up her crush on him, but it was still there. Though, even [y/n] couldn't lie, Dazai still looked so cute sleeping next to her in that nurse's room. She better stop letting him cross her mind. He was just someone she saw everyday a few years ago.

Though, [y/n] would never admit it, Dazai had stolen her heart and would never know about it until years later. Years after he found her on that rooftop that fateful day. Years after he confessed to her. And just a few weeks after they got married.

—————

sorry if that ending seemed rushed! i just really felt like writing.
also, happy (late) new years!