Bottoms Up

Typically, the renowned Celestial Circle were seen as cool, calm and collected, or something like that. All of them possessed extremely different personalities that tended to clash more often then not. Which is why Valeriana was confused as to why her comrades were gathered around the dining room table laughing boisterously with rosy cheeks.

Even Brindon had a small smile plastered on his face as everyone, even Corvan, laughed hysterically at Zevlin flipping his chair over backwards. Tears were streaming down faces and fists were pounding the table as they all fought for their breath.

"Um...what's going on," Valeriana asked cautiously as she stepped towards the dining table. Seeming as if they had been caught doing something they shouldn't, they all directed their gaze to the honey golden blond as Aneeka began to stifle a laugh. This seemed to be the leak in the dam as the rest started trying to contain their laughter, but eventually it burst and they were back to their previous state.

"About time you showed up! You're missing all the fun," Charles said in a very cheerful voice which reminded Valeriana of Tamara. Suddenly, Keelan jumped and threw an arm around Valeriana's shoulders as he thrusted a cup of what could only be whiskey into her hand.

"So, you're all drunk," Valeriana questioned, a bit amused.

"Do you know how much alcohol it would take to actually get me drunk," Tamara said with a slur in her voice.

"Maybe you're drunk," the twins chorused while they both giggled with glee.

"Have you ever drank before, Val," Corvan questioned with a sly smile. His long hair was in a messy ponytail and his cheeks were covered in a slight blush from the alcohol in his system. Everyone in the room looked at him in slight shock when they realized Corvan had used a nickname other than 'Stupid Witch'. In a very uncharacteristic mannerism, Corvan rolled his eyes and downed the rest of his drink. He put his cup back down on the table and looked at Valeriana with a bit of challenge in his eyes.

With a wicked smile, Valeriana slid her shot of whiskey across the table to him, which he easily caught, and picked up the whiskey bottle instead. In one fluid motion, she chugged and set the bottle back down. The fluid burned as it slid down her throat, but she didn't dare show it. Corvan, had after all, challenged her.

"Well, I guess that answered my question," he said before he started laughing and everyone followed suit. This was a side of the Twelve that she had never seen before, more specifically Corvan.

Before anyone knew it, the two remaining bottles were nearly empty and most of the circle had fell asleep sitting at the table or had stumbled into their common area to pass out on the couch. Keelan and Tamara didn't even make it that far and simply laid on the floor and fell asleep.

The only two left standing were Corvan and Valeriana. Both were slumped in their chairs at the dining room table while they tried to see straight.

"Wow! You guys can put down the alcohol," Valeriana managed to slur out as she forced herself into a very wobbly standing position. Trying to help, Corvan made his way to his unsteady feet in the attempt to support the fifth-ranker.

"You drank the last of it, you greedy witch!"

"You can kick- I mean kiss my ass. It's not my fault that you,sir, just can't keep up," Valeriana said with hooded eyes and a slight giggle as she slung an arm around Corvan's shoulders and he wrapped one around her waist.

"Bed. We need to...bed," Corvan spit out as took steps towards the staircase that would lead to their bedrooms.

"Sleep, dumbass. We need sleep! And you call meeee the slooooow one."

Very slowly and clumsily, they took the steps one by one. Occasionally, they would lose balance and bump into the wall or nearly topple down the steps backwards. Corvan genuinely didn't get drunk easily and he had no idea what kind of concoction that Tamara had come across, but it sure had done a number to put him in his current drunken state. No wonder the rest were passed out downstairs, and Valeriana would've been too had she been there when they started. There had been 5 bottles in total after all.

Eventually, they made it to the fifth ranker's room and shuffled their way inside.

As if Valeriana had read the first-rankers mind, she managed to slur out exactly what he had been thinking,"Ohemgee, what did we drink? What was in that stuff? I can't feel my face."

Instead of replying, Corvan just laughed. In the back of his mind he felt confused because he was acting like his genuine self. His mask of ice had melted away with each sip and each smile sent his way by Valeriana. They were still clinging to one another as Corvan helped the fifth-ranker to her four poster bed.

After a lot of cussing and arguing, he managed to get her boots of her feet and tucked her in under the covers. Corvan gently brushed Valeriana's honey colored hair off her forehead as he gently placed a kiss on it. He noticed her smile with what resembled contentment, and began to make his way back to his own chambers.

Corvan had begun to shut the door gently closed behind him when he heard Valeriana's muffled voice carry across the room.

"Goodnight, Corvan. I love you."

A/N: I'm sorry that took me so long to finally post! Things have been super hectic lately with me going to college and such, but I will be updating as much as I can!