Holly Jolly (Part Four)

"Who cares? Let's open those presents," Tamara said as she ran towards the tree and started jumping up and down on the balls of her feet. Valeriana practically screamed as she ran towards the tree. Everyone followed suit and soon they were all settled on the floor near their makeshift Christmas tree.

"Okay, I want to give Brindon his first," Keelan announced as he grabbed a medium sized rectangle from under the tree. Much like the others, it was wrapped in brown paper. Everyone gathered close to see if Brindon would react to his present, and, surprisingly, he did.

"Keelan...you shouldn't have," the normally apathetic man said as he looked at the new set of obviously handcrafted paintbrushes. A huge smile broke out on the eleventh's face at seeing how much Brindon liked them!

Instead of saying anything else, Brindon thrust a huge parcel at Keelan and nodded his head to open it. Excitement took over as he ripped the paper off in large shreds to reveal a painting underneath of Keelan's entire family. Everyone, including Corvan, were amazed by how talented the twelfth ranker was.

"Awwwww Briiiiiindon! This is almost better than food! I love it," Keelan exclaimed as he practically tackled his dear friend in a bear hug.

Zevlin and Genevieve were next. Before his sister could protest, Zevlin thrust a basket at her that had a ribbon on top. Eyeing her typically mischievous twin, Genevieve carefully untied the ribbon and lifted the top off the basket to be met with several tomes that seemed nearly ancient. Upon further inspection, she realized they were about healing.

"Thank you, Zev! Wow! These are great!"

Not wasting anytime she handed him a small leather bound journal that, much like her twin's gift, had a ribbon wrapped around it. Zevlin's brow wrinkled in confusion as he untied the ribbon and flipped to the first page. His eyes widened as he recognized the handwriting as his father's and the journal contained a lot of information about being able to control one's inner fire, which Zevlin had been struggling with recently.

"What is it," Tamara asked with curiosity as she leaned in to get a better look. Charles promptly slapped her on the back of her head.

"It's obviously personal. Mind your own business!"

"It's a journal...that belonged to our father," Zevlin said with a huge smile," Thank you, Genevieve."

The twins scooted closer to one another as looked very pointedly at Elfre, who had been partnered with Raziel for the gift exchange. Letting out a small sigh and rolling her eyes, Elfre quickly stood and grabbed what she had bought from under the tree before practically throwing it at Raziel.

"Don't say I never did anything for your arrogant ass."

He simply untied the twine around the box before carefully, and rather slowly taking off the paper, before being meet with a medium sized box. Taking the lid off, Raziel was meet with a pair of brown leather riding boots that had gold accents. They were obviously his size and was taken aback by his comrades style.

"My dear elf, you have impeccable taste! Look at how exquisite! Possibly the best leather I've ever seen in my life!"

The group laughed at his antics while Raziel stood and walked to grab Elfre's gift. The box was huge!

"If there's something in there meant to kill me, I swear I will kill you," Elfre threatened with a glower before she dismantled her gift. She let out a slight gasp as she took in the beautiful hand crafted saddle sitting in front of her. It was white with beautiful engravings across it.