Holly Jolly (Part Two)

Corvan had no idea what Christmas was or why he felt so strongly about making it a reality for the honey golden blond, but that was his intention. After he shut her door gently behind him, the first ranker's feet carried him swiftly down the stairs into the common area shared by the Celestial Circle.

"So...what did she say? She isn't mad at us is she," asked a concerned Zevlin. Charles cleaned his glasses as he looked to Corvan for a response.

"No. She's homesick," he simply stated. The rest of the Twelve wrinkled their brow in confusion until Corvan finally decided to spell it out for them.

"Valeriana wants to be with her family during...Christmas. I believe that's what she called it," he continued as he made his way to an armchair.

"Oh..."

"We never thought of Val missing her family."

"That's so sad! No wonder she didn't want to talk about it!"

"What the hell is Christmas," Tamara asked bluntly bringing all other comments to a halt. That was a question Corvan had been asking himself since she had mentioned it, but couldn't come up with an answer. Instead of answering, the first ranker simply shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.

"If you decided to tell us all this, then that must mean that this Christmas is incredibly important to her and she's upset about it. You want to make a plan, don't you," Keelan asked while leaning forward to rest his elbows on his knees. Every pair of eyes quickly trained on Corvan to see his reaction. Although they didn't acknowledge it every day, it was time like these that everyone was reminded that the first and eleventh ranker were in fact cousins.

"We need a plan then," Charles said matter-of-factly," What exactly do you have in mind, Lord Corvan?"

With a rather mischievous smirk, Corvan began to speak again. He divulged his plan of figuring out how to bring Christmas to Valeriana, but first they had to find out exactly what it was.

~

The Twelve, minus one unsuspecting blond, had a few questions about the human world and it's traditions. Lord Lienhard seemed like the perfect person to undergo interrogation.

The very next day, a few of the Celestial Circle made their way to hopefully see Lord Lienhard in his new classroom there at the academy. For once, they were in luck and Charles walked into the room with a purpose followed by Raziel and Keelan. Loud snores filled the room and echoed off the walls. The royal's feet were propped up on his desk and his head was lolled back as Lord Lienhard took his daily "nap".

"Pardon our sudden entrance, Lord Lienhard. We have a few questions to ask you if you have a moment," Charles said.

Lienhard sat up and started to laugh.

"Ah, Lord Charles. What exactly would you like to know?"

"You're a man that knows a lot of things you really shouldn't know. We need to know about the human world and their traditions. What can you tell us about Christmas?"

"Ah! Such a lovely holiday! Not all people celebrate it, though. On earth, many people just refer to it as 'the holiday season' since there's so many different holidays. During Christmas, families will gather together and sing Christmas Carols, as they like to call them, bake cookies for Santa Claus, and place presents under an evergreen tree! It's very exciting, especially as a child. But this is just one of many that's celebrated! All of the holidays celebrated during this time are really centered around family. People come together from all over the Earth to spend time together. That's what makes it so special, or so Lord Aeron has told me," Lord Lienhard said with a twinkle in his eye.

There wasn't a Valemenian holiday even close to Christmas! Presents were only received on birthdays and who was Santa Claus? Charles and the others only had more questions, but this seemed to be all the information that could be given. Lord Lienhard didn't know much more than that.

Maybe, after all, it would be best to just ask Valeriana. She was the only person that grew up on Earth. They just had to figure out a way to ask her without it seeming suspicious.

~

While Charles was interrogating Lienhard, Corvan and Rowe decided they would personally speak to Headmaster Kylon. They were all determined to make this happen. The second ranker gently rapped his knuckles against the Headmaster's office door and the two waited patiently for an answer.

After a few moments, Kylon opened the door and step aside to allow them to enter his office.

"Lord Corvan and Lord Rowe. What brings you two here today," Kylon asked with a friendly smile. Both young men sat down on the opposite side of their headmaster.

"Valeriana has been terribly down lately. She misses home, and the Twelve is planning on surprising her in some way. Ideally, it would be best if she could be given time to go home and spend time with her family," Rowe said with his trademark smile.

At hearing his words, Kylon's brow knitted in frustration as he thought over his words.

"I see. She has been here a long time. I could grant her a short leave of absence to visit home, but, as far as being given permission to go through the gates to the human world...that's a bit above my head."

"We all are aware this is a matter that the king will have to approve," Corvan said.

"Very well. I can't guarantee that this request will be granted, but I'll see what I can do," Kylon stated.

Seeing the matter as closed, the first and second rankers took their leave. Kylon leaned back in his chair as he thought over what just happened. The Celestial Circle never went out of their way to do things like this before, but this must truly be weighing heavily on Valeriana's mind for them to be so concerned. With a shake of his head, Kylon picked up a fountain pen and piece of parchment as he began to compose a letter to the king on behalf of the Celestial Circle.

A/N: Part Two!!!! I know this is short, but I wanted to post something before everything got crazy with finals! Please don't forget to show some love by liking and commenting!!!!