➻ one.

-

oh, what a beauty it was.

the way that they perfectly shone. the way they perfectly opened up. the thorns that decorated the roots of each separate flower. each flower held a special beauty and shot of uniqueness that the american boy admired. joshua sat in the bright, slightly damp grass. the sun just peeked out over the rain clouds, a small rainbow shining through the sky. 

he took many pictures on his camera, smiling gently at each one when he looked at each result. he took pictures of the flowers, noticing each day how a new one would blossom elegantly right in front of his cat-shaped, hazelnut eyes. each day he would come outside to take hundreds of pictures, only managing to save the lucky few he enjoyed.

joshua was simple, yet a picky person. he enjoyed taking the photos, but only a few would seem to please his desire. when taking a look, he would nitpick each picture's flaws until he found one that had none. it was hard work, scrolling through hundreds to find them. 

it was his happiness. his escape from the evil embodiment of reality. nature was truly a beautiful creation to joshua. he stayed outside each day, admiring the beauty it held. there was more pictures than just flowers, but they took up the majority of his camera roll. the precious camera he would wear everywhere hung around his neck on top of the fluffy sweaters he would wear. joshua hong was a simple person from the outside, but the inside of his mind was crazy.

people at his school in america would call him simple. his looks would fit, too. they would make fun of him for being asian sometimes, but other than that they admired his dedication and passion to the nature of the earth. teachers would laugh and say, "you could never be a photographer as a living, they simply don't make that much." 

however, the raven-haired boy would always block them out. he knew it was a lie. there were plenty of photographers who took pictures as a living. he had a strong gut feeling telling me it would all be worth it in the end. 

yet the people at school still noticed the passion surging through his veins. he even knew a few people who enjoyed it too, but not as much as he did. it was fine, though. joshua was okay being by himself, not having to socialize with the people he knew at school. he would often engage with animals he found around his neighbourhood and small town, ranging from small rabbits to even finding a few butterflies that would snoop around the yard of his home.

it was the end of the summer. school was starting for him soon, he was going to be a senior. the year had finally came along, punching him in the face. the nerves grew inside his body whenever he thought about it. 

but this year would be different.

he sat outside against the small oak tree that was in the backyard, watching the sunset as he thought about school. it wasn't too scary, but he never liked the thought of going back. he hated the school he went to for so long. the people were obnoxious, crazy, yet boring at the same time. nothing ever happened, why would he want to be there? he had no real friends that he could rely on. he just wanted a fresh start.

and that's exactly what he will get.

the parents of joshua sat in the dining table, watching their son observe the sky change colours that would transition the city into nighttime. his mother smiled sadly, turning to his father.

"i don't think i can tell him. he's unreadable. i hope he's okay with it, though." she spoke softly, afraid he would somehow here through the thin glass sliding doors.

"i think he would enjoy being somewhere else, it's new opportunities for his photography. but his whole life is going to change."

the sky turned a navy blue, stars shining in dots throughout. joshua sat up, brushing off his pants before walking inside to see his mother and father still conversing with each other.

"hey josh, can you sit for a minute? we need to talk." she patted the seat next to her, smiling sweetly at her son. 

he knew just from the last sentence something was definitely up, but he never seemed to know what it was. he never really paid attention to news or drama that circulated in his town. hesitating slightly, joshua sat down in the wooden seat and looked up at his mother.

"i'm going straight to the point, shua. your father got a new job, but it's in korea. since it pays better and is a healthier environment, he decided to take the job. and, i found a nice home right by his work." she held his hand.

"this means we have to move to korea, and i hope you won't mind. it's going to be better for us, i promise love. is it okay for you?"

his eyes widened at the story. out of everything she could have spoken, it was that they had to move to a whole new country thousands of miles away? he was confused and slightly angry for not even being spoken to about it once. 

"i-i should think about this some more, i'll give you an answer in the morning," joshua spoke gently, squeezing his mother's hand before standing up and walking to his room.

he realized after laying on his bed for a few hours that it wouldn't be too bad. in fact, it would be amazing. it really would give him new opportunities, and that was what excited him more. new people to meet, new places to visit, and more to do. the anger no longer boiled in his stomach, and happiness replaced the former feeling. smiling to himself, he fell asleep that night pleased with what the future was going to hold in his hands.

-

a/n;

hi everyone~ i hope you will enjoy my jihan fic (because i absolutely adore jihan)

this one i will update as i write it, and i also have another one coming up too! that's namjin, and i will also update that one as i write it.

stay tuned and enjoy~