➻ six.

-

of course, it was those stupid popular people.

that was the first thing that came into joshua's mind. he couldn't help but think they were quite disruptive, making him angry. he wanted to sit in some peaceful silence. he ignored them, continuing to eat.

"hey!" two voices in synchronization shouted, making chan's head pop up and he waved them over, sitting across from chan and joshua.

"hey guys." chan smiled, putting his food to the side. "i want you to meet joshua." his warm hand gently was placed onto joshua's shoulder, making him pop up as well.

"oh, hello." he smiled, giving them a small wave with his right hand. the one was a blonde with a round face. chubby cheeks and sharp eyes, but a soft smile. he looked innocent and very happy. a peaceful person, that was what he liked the most about the boy sitting across from him.

the other, however, looked almost the opposite. he had a sharp jawline with silver hair and small lips. he still smiled though, a bright and fierce one.

"my name is seungkwan, nice to meet you." the blonde smiled.

"and my name is hansol." the silver-haired smiled, "you must be american. i am too."

"i am!" joshua smiled. "that's so cool, i'm glad i'm not the only one." he laughed. "it's nice to meet you guys. are you the same person i met earlier who was with jeonghan and mingyu?"

he must have gotten them confused. "no, i'm not friends with them at all. that must have been jun you saw, because he also has silver hair. and i had it before him, i did not copy him." he mumbled the last part, confusing joshua.

"don't worry about him, he's still a bit angry about the drama." seungkwan gave joshua a reassuring smile.

the four of them talked the whole lunch period, chiming in with stories and pictures. it felt like they have known joshua for years, but it had only been a matter of thirty minutes. seungkwan noticed how the new student would occasionally glance over to jeonghan, who was sitting at the table behind them, but he decided not to say anything and continued on. the bell rang, and they separated to their next classes.

"i'll see you around." the two told joshua before leaving, holding hands.

"that's super cute." joshua cooed as he walked away.

"yeah, they're such lovebirds." chan laughed, separating away to his next class, bidding a goodbye.

-

the study hall went by quick, giving him time to do the science worksheet he had been given already. it went by seemingly fast, as the bell already rang and people started to leave.

last class of the day: photography. he had a plastered smile on his face as he walked down the hall to look for the class, walking in and sitting down.

not much to his surprise, he watched as mingyu walked into the same classroom and noticed joshua, sitting next to him.

"well hey there, joshua." he smiled. "i didn't know you liked photography, me too," he said.

"yeah, i have a scrapbook and everything." he smiled. "i can show you if you'd like."

"sure, i'd love to see," mingyu smirked, a plan formulating in his head.

that class also seemed to skip along, and being with mingyu was definitely going to make it a bit dreadful. he just wouldn't stop talking. he was slightly obnoxious, too. it didn't matter anymore after the bell rang, and he finally got to leave.

joshua sat outside with his camera around his neck, observing the schoolyard. he was waiting for the crowd to pass by before he was going to leave. he watched as all the students ran out of the school and out to the busses.

while he waited, he started to take photos of the sky and the school courtyard. he mentally decided he was going to just stay home to relax and do whatever.

on friday, he was going to out and explore the town and look at all the shops and cafe's that seoul had to offer.

joshua stood up and began to leave the campus now that everyone was mostly gone and began his journey back home to his family.

he felt like a flower. this year, he was going to let himself truly blossom and become who he wanted to be and not let anyone stop him. it was going to be a bit hard at first, but eventually it would work. joshua had to keep the confidence to have it work. his plan was to become himself, the flower he had always wanted to be. and he wasn't going to let anyone stop him.

on the contrary, jeonghan didn't have the same plans.

-

jeonghan went home that day absolutely furious of the interactions he had with this new student by the name joshua.

he wasn't going to tolerate anyone trying to be better than him. that's all he felt like what was happening. no one was going to take jeonghan's throne as the prince. it was going to stay his.

the way the new american boy bothered him was incredibly irritating, but it had only been the first day of school. he seemed to be way too cocky, all stuck up about his math.

jeonghan was just being extra. deep in his heart, he knew that he definitely wasn't that way, but it was his old attitude that was straying him away from reality.

taking out his phone, jeonghan dialled up jun's number to tell him about it. he listened carefully.

jeonghan wanted to tear him down, show him who is boss.

"hyung, you can't do that, well, not yet. you need to wait it out and then you can confront him." jun thought this was absolute bullshit. jeonghan always acted out like this to new students, then ruined them and they hated them. but it felt so different with this joshua kid, like jeonghan was hesitant about it all.

"just wait it out, that should do the trick."

-