➻ eleven.

-

the rest of the day seemingly went by in a flash. before he could really properly think, joshua was already in his room, on his bed, staring at the camera that he held in his hands.

it wasn't expected, at all. he was so surprised when he first was handed the camera by jeonghan, his heart was running around like crazy. replaying that same moment in his head made him smile. it hurt to think every day that he hated him, but somehow it was different.

but his puzzle wasn't complete. jeonghan never finished his sentence. we can what ? the same three words were constantly replying in his mind like a broken record. he needed the rest of the sentence, but how was he supposed to ask?

easily, joshua could compare their friendship to a flower. the seed has finally been planted, and the sprout is finally visible, but the supplies stopped coming. it couldn't grow to him without knowing that answer. he needed the answers.

that's exactly what he did. despite being nervous as hell, he managed to get up and head to school with that being his mindset. he found out what jeonghan meant, and it was something he shouldn't have even worried about.

"oh, i meant 'i hope we can be great friends'. was it really bothering you?" jeonghan giggled teasingly.

"no! i just hate when people don't finish their sentences." joshua snapped back, pouting at the teasing.

but there was something joshua thought about it that made him think it was more than just that. what if he secretly meant he wanted them to get married? how was he supposed to know what he was thinking? it was jeonghan, after all.

finally, joshua's problem was solved and that flower continued to grow. the week went by and it felt like they were already starting to become best friends. occasionally people would stare at them, whispering and bickering whether or not they were a clique. soon enough, it came to joshua's notice when chan frantically came over to his house thursday afternoon.

he was peacefully sitting in his room, working on the rest of his calculus homework when he heard a knock on the front door. it was loud and fast like the person had somewhere to be and didn't want to wait.

"coming!" joshua yelled, standing up. he was slightly aggravated that he had to stop what he was doing, but answered anyway. it was chan, the first person he befriended here in seoul.

"hey chan, what's up?" he smiled, letting him inside.

"hi hyung, i need to tell you something." his face was flushed pink and he still had his backpack, telling joshua he must've just came from school. he was in the dance club, so it didn't surprise him.

"sure," joshua closed the door, watching chan practically throw off his backpack and catching his breath. "why are you so out of breath? are you okay?"

"i'm fine," chan laughed, "i just got back from dance and i ran all the way here."

"but there's something going around you should probably know about. there's a rumour that you and jeonghan are dating now. it all started with seungkwan, too. he's kind of... mad at you because you're friends with jeonghan. i know all about their drama, but i don't really care too much about it. i just wanted you to know because they were talking about it during the break we had during dance and seungkwan was ranting about it during lunch. also, he was ranting how you sat with jeonghan and his friends instead of us." chan said it all at once, almost too fast for joshua to really understand. he took a minute to process, eventually understanding.

"wow," was all that really could come out of his mouth, "seriously?" he started to laugh, confusing chan.

"what's so funny?"

"everyone seriously thinks we're dating?! that's so silly, chan. i've barely been friends with him for a week, why would i date him now? at least give it a few weeks." he continued to laugh, but stopped when he realized what he said.

"woah hyung, i think you're getting ahead of yourself." chan snickered, "it seems like it'll happen."

"no no no," joshua waved his hands, his cheeks turning hot, "i don't know! don't mention it!"

all chan could do was laugh, "well, you should probably talk to seungkwan, he's pissed. do you want his number?"

chan gave joshua seungkwan's number and headed out, giving time for joshua to really think about this.

he found it kind of weird that seungkwan would be mad simply because he's friends with jeonghan, and now mingyu and jun. if anything, he was surprised mingyu and seungkwan weren't friends because they both radiated dumb hoe energy. it was all out of love when he thought that, though.

joshua put the number in his phone and texted it,

"hey seungkwan, it's joshua. chan told me everything, i just wanted to clear things up with you. i didn't mean to upset you in any way when i became friends with him and didn't sit with you guys, i hope you don't mind me being friends with you guys. i heard you started a rumour of me and jeonghan dating, but i can guarantee you that isn't true. i just hope we can talk some things out. "

with that, he sent the message and continued with his calculus homework.

after around twenty minutes or so, joshua finished the homework he had left from the day and put away all of his school items. he picked up his camera and was ready to go out and take some test photos when his phone dinged.

joshua was slightly nervous to check it. what if he got so angry he didn't want to be friends anymore? he opened his phone and to his surprise, the text was pretty short.

" hey hyung. we can clear things up tomorrow and i can tell you everything you want to know. meet me outside in the courtyard before school starts and we can talk. "

-