➻ thirteen.

-

joshua spent the rest of the weekend by jeonghan's side, helping him feel better. he went over to his house to find out his room was a huge mess, stuffy, and dark.

"i know what can help you feel better." he smiled. "why don't you go out and get some food for us, and when you come back i will have something special done for you."

it took a while, but jeonghan agreed. immediately, joshua got to work. he opened up the curtains and opened the window, letting in the fresh air. immediately, it smelled better and the air began to clear out. he picked up all the clothes, smelling each one to determine if they were clean or dirty. it made him feel kinda weird, already smelling his clothes and cleaning up for him like his mother. but it didn't matter, it was going to make him feel better.

he picked up all the clothes, most being dirty. he placed them into a basket, placing it on top of his bed for now. he put all of his clean clothes in, what he thought, the right places. he cleaned up his desks and made them pretty and neat. he cleaned the floor and the bedsheets, desks, and other surfaces. he lastly sprayed a scent to help.

when he heard the door open, jeonghan entered with two big bags from a restaurant. joshua came out into the main hallway with a smile.

"awh, you brought me so much, thank you!" he said jokingly, going to take a bag.

"i don't think so!" jeonghan laughed, letting him take a bag.

they walked to his room and when jeonghan entered, he was so happy. tears started to come up. his room hasn't looked so clean in months, he almost forgot what it was like. his depression started to get the best of him, not letting him do normal things.

"i'm glad you like it," joshua smiled. "now, let's eat."

they walked into the living room and placed the two bags of food on the coffee table, and before joshua sat down he was pulled into another hug. at first, he was a bit shocked, but he hugged back.

"thank you." a small whisper could be heard from the boy, but joshua heard it well.

"of course." his heart melted at that point. he was used to the skinship, constant hugging and linking arms, head on his shoulder, but this particular moment made it more special. even if it was soft, it felt so genuine.

when they broke apart, their eyes met. joshua immediately smiled, "i'm glad you feel better."

"it's all because of you."

they sat down together and ate in comfortable silence with occasional talking. jeonghan turned on netflix and looked through the animes, both agreeing to watch one together. they decided on tokyo ghoul, since it was one neither had watched.

after they finished eating, joshua cleaned up the food. they had panda express' orange chicken, honey walnut shrimp, chow mein, fried rice, and a huge chocolate chunk cookie. both of them were stuffed now, but it was a delicious meal.

he turned off the lights and closed the curtains, giving off a theme of movie theatres, a perfect scene. joshua loved going to see movies on the big screen, but being here felt one hundred times better.

"joshuji~" jeonghan called softly. joshua slightly blushed, he always felt funny whenever jeonghan called him that. it was a nickname that he was given by jeonghan, and it was the only one, out of all the nicknames he had, he cherished.

"i'm coming~" he returned the call, sitting next to the cotton candy haired boy. he looked over to joshua and scooted closer to lean his head on joshua's shoulder. of course, he let jeonghan. but to his surprise, jeonghan pushed him down all the way on the couch and cuddled up close to him.

"i want real cuddles, bitch." jeonghan said in a lower voice, almost scaring joshua. it was kinda hot to him, though. he wasn't going to complain, as joshua loved cuddles. he wrapped one hand around jeonghan's waist and let the other hand run through jeonghan's locks, the pink it used to be fading away.

they watched the first full season together that sunday until it was late at night. jeonghan's mom wouldn't be coming home soon since she was on a business trip, so he didn't have to worry about his mom seeing them.

"she isn't too supportive of me, really." jeonghan sighed as he explained to joshua while they were stilled glued to their position they had been in for three hours.

"what do you mean?" joshua asked, confused.

jeonghan turned around so he could properly face joshua, their faces not too far apart. his cheeks heated up slightly as he continued to talk, "i'm not straight, joshua. i'm bisexual, and when i tried to tell her she got super angry and left for a few days. we talked it out, i think she understands more now but it hurt to have her not support me. it's been a few years, and now she does more but still not fully. i can't talk about boys to her, except celebrities."

joshua was quite surprised to hear that. "i didn't know that, hannie." the nickname joshua had helped jeonghan calmed down, which seemed to work then as his body relaxed and he laid down completely. "i've never questioned my sexuality, i've always seen myself as straight, but i think you're changing that."

that last sentence wasn't supposed to come out. when he realized, his eyes widened and he covered his mouth with his hand. "oh my gosh, i wasn't supposed to say that, i'm so sorry-"

"josh, shut up. it's okay." he giggled, but thankfully joshua couldn't notice how his cheeks got a bright red from that. "you'll figure it out eventually."

"well, i want to know now, not later. i'm sick of you confusing me," he said, finally just letting it all out.

those past weeks of jeonghan seriously messing with his head had finally gone to a close. regardless of the constant picking and teasing, joshua felt different. "i need my answers, jeonghan."

"well, i can give you some answers then." before joshua could reply, jeonghan connected their lips in a soft, delicate kiss. joshua kissed back right away, letting their lips move together.

"what..." joshua couldn't form a proper sentence after that, making jeonghan laugh more.

"you're so cute joshua, but you should probably go now."

"how are you gonna sit here and kiss me then tell me to leave?!" joshua said, confused as ever.

"because i can," jeonghan smirked, "now, it's seriously late, we have school tomorrow."

"but i wanna stay here with you~" joshua smiled.

"you can't, go home. maybe another time." jeonghan held back his laughter at how joshua's mood changed so quickly after that.

after some persuasion, joshua finally got up and left, leaving the two of them to think about what just happened.

-