➻ seventeen.

-

the day had finally come. today was the talent show. the clock struck 1:30 pm, they had an hour and a half before it started. it was warm-up time. there was a bunch of students in the area, practicing and preparing themselves.

joshua and jeonghan sat in the corner, guitars in hand and lyrics memorized. they were wearing matching outfits, joshua wearing a white sweater and black pants, and jeonghan wearing a black sweater and white pants. joshua had blonde hair, and jeonghan had black hair. they looked like twins, opposite ones.

they warmed up their voices and prepared by running through their song a few times. after a few times, they chatted to ease their nerves.

during their conversation, there was a silence. jeonghan took the moment to pull joshua into a tight hug.

"joshua, i'm so glad i finally found someone who loves to sing as much as me. thank you for giving me the confidence to do such a thing, i appreciate it. i'm so glad you helped me out my self-conscious shell and took me here to perform with you. i love the song we wrote together so much, and i can't wait to show the world what sort of power we have together. i bet everyone is going to love it, and if they hate it they can kiss my ass." jeonghan's words came out fast, but full of heart and truth.

"and, i love you. seriously. thank you so so much." he said that quieter, but looked straight into joshua's eyes. joshua wanted to cry, but kept it down. he grew a smile, a fond one.

"i love you too, jeonghan. i can't wait to accomplish this with you. we got this." he held jeonghan's soft hands and squeezed them tight.

they hugged one more time, and the clock stroke three o'clock. let the show begin.

students' voices began to fill the auditorium as they sat behind the stage, their nerves jittering. the lights in the auditorium began to lower, a bright light showing on the stage, the principal walking out.

"welcome everyone, to the talent show! you all know how they work, so let's just get started!" she announced, the students cheered and clapped as the principal walked off. all the lights in the auditorium went off, the first act starting.

as the shows began, each student got to show off their talent. there were ten acts, each lasting less than five minutes. they were simple and sweet. joshua and jeonghan were the last to go on, and soon enough, it was second to last act.

they stood at the side, waiting to go. they had an auto recording of the song, something they didn't know they got to have, but took full advantage and recorded one. all they had was their microphone in one hand, and each other's hand in the other.

their calling time came, and they squeezed hands tightly before going out onto the stage and taking their seats.

"let's do it." joshua mouths to jeonghan, both of them smiling and making eye contact before the backing begins to play and joshua began to sing,

"coffee in one hand, earphones in one ear. walking through the wind as it passes through our fingers, sharing ordinary habits with me. someone to hold me when i'm down "

jeonghan smiled as he listened to joshua's sweet voice, then took a deep breath to sing,

"i hoped that kind of person would exist, but that person is right here " he looked at joshua, and they sang in unison.

"should i talk to you or not? i thought for a while, thoughts keep getting tangled in my head. i was going to drink this coffee with you, now i've already emptied my second cup "

" i'm falling for you, i'm falling for you~ i'm falling for you, once again. "

" i'm falling for you, falling for you~ it's too late for me to escape. "

the music played, the audience silent and focused on their voices.

"i thought i liked to lay down and sit down, but after seeing you, i felt so foolish. where are you, my happiness. my happiness is all here, i'm so happy i found you "

"that person is right before my eyes, right here " joshua sang, pointing right at jeonghan and making eye contact.

" should i talk to you or not? i thought for a while, thoughts keep getting tangled in my head. i was going to drink this coffee with you, now i've already emptied my second cup. "

"i'm falling for you, i'm falling for you. i'm falling for you, once again~ " the sweet voice rang through the auditorium, people cheering as they sang.

"i'm falling for you, falling for you~ it's too late for me to escape. "

the beat played, taking them to the bridge of the song. jeonghan looked over at joshua, seeing how his eyes glistened in the spotlight. he was absolutely ethereal. jeonghan couldn't help but fall for him every second he was conscious.

joshua sang again,

"i wanna hold your hands as we look in the same direction, wanna hold you tight when we meet eyes "

"spending time with you makes me so happy, it's making me smile right now " jeonghan smiled, knowing that it was the truth. being with joshua made him happy. he made him smile and laugh again, and they were always genuine.

" should i talk to you or not? i thought for a while, thoughts keep getting tangled in my head. i was going to drink this coffee with you, now i've already emptied my second cup. "

jeonghan stood up, as he sang to the song, "i'm falling for you, i'm falling for you. i'm falling for you, once again~ " he sang it directly into joshua's eyes, trying to get out the message he needed to display. joshua stood up, placing his free hand on jeonghan's shoulder.

"i'm falling for you, falling for you~ it's too late for me to escape. "

without jeonghan being able to process what happened, he felt joshua's lips on his own, followed by the crowd of students screaming louder than any of the other performances. the only thought he could have right now was, did he just kiss me?

of course, jeonghan kissed back. he kissed back to show joshua he meant exactly what the lyrics said, and that he really did fall for joshua, that american flower boy. the one he thought was trying to overpower him, but in reality, he ended up falling for him. the one he finally got to blossom the best relationship with that he would ever get to experience.

the one that would blossom them into the best forms of their own version of a flower, which was themselves.

-♡-

a/n;

i hope you enjoyed my jihan story, i honestly adore them so much, and i had to include their song and show some appreciation for their vocals because they are just so good!

thank you all for reading, i hope you liked it as much as i liked writing it. i can't believe i even got to just make it seventeen chapters, i didn't even mean to! but it's iconic.

have a nice day everyone, and stream seventeen's music videos!

toodles~!

-♡-