➻ nine.

-

"i don't know how i feel anymore, mingyu." the elder quietly whispered into mingyu's left shoulder. those words jeonghan had spoken really surprised mingyu. he had never heard him say something like that before.

jeonghan was a very adamant person. he always knew what he wanted and when he wanted it. but now, he didn't. all his feelings felt like they were being thrown around like they were a nice, organized house. but a tornado ran through it, and they were all mixed up again, putting back at the start of high school.

he had spent years trying to figure himself out so the people didn't view him as an "outcast". all he had wanted was to be accepted. with the hard work, he finally got what he wanted. but now he felt like the power earned him some attitude. that's not what jeonghan wanted.

jeonghan wanted people to see him as a kind, funny, care-free type of guy who didn't care what people thought. it got out of hand, though. his anger would often lash out without it needing to, causing people to be scared and intimidated by him.

now jeonghan felt bad. his anger got to the best of him. he didn't want to do such a thing as nearly mentally ruin someone, like how he smashed joshua's favourite thing and demoralized him and his passions.

something he needed to do was help win him back, but start a friendship and show him that's not who he is. that's not what he worked years off to have people think of him in that certain perspective. everything was going to change for the better.

that's what jeonghan did. he needed to make a plan, and it needed to happen quickly.

-

the school year seemed to be going by quickly, and by the time he realized it, the second trimester had begun. it was mid-november when they started. that's where they were now.

jeonghan was walking home the friday before the second trimester started, quietly humming to himself. happily enough, he got to take choir next trimester.

it was one thing those two had in common that they didn't know. both jeonghan and joshua loved to sing, even if it wasn't joshua's number one. it was jeonghan's number one, though. it always would catch the ladies' eyes when he sang, even guys too.

he went home and spent that weekend mentally preparing himself for a new schedule and his plan to talk to joshua. his mission was to get him a new camera. jeonghan hadn't contacted or even bothered talking to joshua after that incident, and now jeonghan was ready to face his challenges.

the subsequent days consisted of him doing face and hair masks to make him look at his best for joshua and even changing his mindset to a more calm area. everything he wanted to do better was for joshua.

but they had no relationship at all. barely a frienship, if that's what it could be called. jeonghan was going to win a friendship with joshua, no matter what happened.

joshua sat in him his room, calm as could be; however, that just wasn't the case in his mind. he was sitting still, but freaking out. joshua had decided to take choir for the next trimester elective and also take photo II since he had enough room for electives.

he was scared of how everything was going to go down, whether or not he would have his friends in his lunch or his classes, or if he had to deal with jeonghan. it still made him upset to think about his poor camera. it never got fixed, and he never got a new one. his mother wouldn't buy him one, nor would his other family members. he was going to have to wait until his birthday or christmas.

he had been so deprived of not taking photos, his parents could physically see it in his behaviour. he talked less about it and in general, and he didn't take care of himself like he used to. he stayed inside all day and played his guitar, the sound constantly filling up the whole house. it was a bitter site, but soon it was going to get better.

but thankfully he wouldn't have to wait that long.

jeonghan made his way out of the house, wind swirling into his now baby pink cotton candy hair and covering his eyes. he had to constantly remove it from his face and tuck it behind his ear, which made him scowl every so often.

the road he walked on was quieter than usual, as if the citizens of seoul had run away so no one had to deal with him. that was okay with him, though. it was a peaceful sunday afternoon, a perfect time to head out.

the mall was not as quiet, however. he still decided to go in and look for the item he needed. his feet patted along the tiles of the big spaced mall, the largest mall in the city. he walked a whole hour just to get there, but in his opinion, it was totally worth it.

the store he looked for was open, workers and customers galore. he immediately drew his attention to the closed-in part of the mall, where it wasn't as full as the rest of the building. but since it was in the front of the section, it was filled.

plus, it was the electronics store. of course it was going to be busy. everyone wanted electronics nowadays, and that's what jeonghan was looking for. more specifically, a camera.

more specifically, a camera for joshua.

he had no knowledge of cameras in his brain, so doing this was going to be a challenge. the pink-haired boy walked in the store, customers glancing him a look before returning to their own shopping.

he walked over to the cameras and eyed each carefully, reading the labels and all the benefits they had. choosing one was going to be hard, he needed to make a good decision.

there was one that stook out. it was a small, packed camera but had many benefits. it was expensive, though. it didn't matter to jeonghan, he would still buy it. it was around the same size as his old one. close enough, right?

what jeonghan didn't seem to realize at that moment was he picked out and purchased joshua's dream camera. but he didn't want to buy his friendship, he also wanted to earn one.

that night, jeonghan went to sleep confidentally, praying that the next trimester would go as smoothly as he wanted it to. his plan was to befriend the new american boy, joshua hong.

-