➻ twelve.

-

the following afternoon, joshua spent his time outside, taking photos in his new garden and thinking about the situation. it didn't bother him too much to overthink, but it bothered him that he didn't have the answers he wanted still.

he also believed that seungkwan was being petty as hell. but, he didn't really know what went on between them. it stopped him from getting angry because he didn't know the truth. that made him feel bad, though. what if jeonghan ruined his life and felt like one of his trusted friends had betrayed him.

shaking off the thoughts, he continued to take photos until the sun set and made the sky a dark navy colour. the day was over, and the week was almost over too.

tomorrow was friday, giving him the weekend to really deal with his thoughts.

the next day, he got up and went to school bright and early, going to the courtyard and waiting for seungkwan to arrive. he saw his dark blue hair bobbing along with the others and he called him over.

"seungkwan!" he yelled, calling his attention. seungkwan smiled and walked over to where joshua was and sat with him.

they talked for a good hour, finally dealing out the situation.

"i'm just worried, i don't want him to leave you or do you dirty kinda like what he did to me. of course, it's just my side of the story and you don't have to believe me, you are allowed to believe whatever you please. he ended up changing and then started to hate me over nothing and i still don't know what. just know, if you guys date and whatever i wouldn't mind, but just be aware that he's a lot of work. our friendship ended because of his stupidity, i hope you can switch him up and make him a better person than what he decided to be because of the mood swings. i know i shouldn't tell you, but jeonghan told me he got diagnosed with bipolar depression when he was fifteen, and his family can't afford medication so he has to deal with it. i think it gets to the best of him sometimes, but i know that's not something always fixable. i think what will help, however, is having someone who will be by his side that can deal with him and show him that it'll be okay in the end. i thought that would be me at first, but it turned out completely different. i don't hate you or him, but i hope for the best and that he gets better."

with those final words, seungkwan patted joshua's back gently and smiled. he left without saying another word. that was it. he finally knew now.

it scared him to know that jeonghan, any second, could have a mood swing and suddenly hate joshua. he would never let that get the best of him because he knew it was uncontrollable. he was going to prove to seungkwan that he could take care of jeonghan. now he had the answers he wanted to the questions drowning his mind.

the rest of the day went as normal, but at the end of choir jeonghan had asked joshua,

"hey, you wanna go hang out after school?"

of course, joshua couldn't resist this, so he said yes. they exchanged numbers quickly and headed off to their next classes.

immediately, they were texting each other like they had been friends for years. it started off with waiting to answer every few minutes, but gave up and answered seconds after, staying on and keeping their focus on the other person and only that. it was nice to have someone to talk to.

at the end of the day, they met up to walk together to the city and have some fun.

they went to numerous places, like the arcade zone and even the museum, admiring the art. they went to the cafes and stores, basically everywhere around town. people from school were at some of the places, staring at the two as they walked together.

" they're anytime, anywhere. " seungkwan told him.

the two were back at the arcade after getting some change, playing the game to push down and the wheel would spin, indicating how many tickets they won. but jeonghan's mood suddenly changed, sitting down and not talking. of course, joshua noticed. he was happy and bubbly the whole time, and now suddenly he was silent.

"hey, you okay?" joshua frowned, sitting next to him on the side of the machine. jeonghan was surprised to hear him ask that because no one ever did.

"yeah, just a mood swing." he sighed, leaning his head against the wall. "i don't wanna be here anymore. can we go somewhere else that's more calming?"

with that, joshua took his hand and lead him to his favourite cafe. the one he used to go to when he was upset and needed to empty his mind. he figured if it helped him it could help him also. it seemed to work because after talking for some time and jeonghan telling him what's on his mind, joshua understood. it was anxiety that was breaking jeonghan down, and joshua knew exactly how it felt.

"don't worry, i will help you." was all jeonghan needed to hear before he started to cry. it made him feel so miserable, so weak, to have people see tears flow down his cheeks. joshua took him into an embrace, allowing him to let out all of it. it was all jeonghan needed, and he felt beyond grateful. they hugged for a longer time than expected. when jeonghan stopped crying, he wrapped his arms around joshua's waist and held him tightly.

"i know it's crazy and all, but thank you for being here. even if i was a bitch to you before, i'll never do it again. you're the only person who has been here like this before me. i know seungkwan told you stuff, but he was never here for me before when stuff like this happened. thank you for taking care of me."

-