Under Control

Rachel put the finishing touches on her lip gloss as her phone dinged.

 She looked down and seen that Tyler had sent her a message. Ever since everyone found out that Vicki was dead Tyler was making sure that nothing was wrong with his girlfriend. 

She smiled at the "good morning beautiful" message that he sent her before she rushed down the hallway.

 She knocked on Jeremy's door. "Come on Jer, I'm leaving in 10! If you're not in the car then you're riding with Elena." 

She waited a minute and when she didn't hear a response she shrugged her shoulders and made her way downstairs.

Once she made her way into the kitchen Elena and Jenna already had her coffee made.

 She gave Elena a warm smile as she got handed her favorite travel mug. 

"Thank you. I love you." Rachel took a sip and sighed in content.

 She looked at her phone as it dinged again.

 "Who is blowing you up this morning?" Jenna teased as they all got their books together. 

"Tyler. Ever since they found Vickie he always has me text him and is always with me. I love him, but he hovers too much." Rachel vented as she sent a text message back before following her aunt toward the door.

 "Jer let's go! I'm leaving!" she shouted up the steps one last time to her brother.

Aunt Jenna opened the door and they both stopped in their tracks when they seen who was about to knock.

 Rachel's uncle John wore a big smile on his face once he seen Rachel. 

"Uncle John! What are you doing here?" she asked as she pulled him into a small hug. 

She could feel the stares of her Elena and Jenna as they watched the exchange. 

Rachel knew that her uncle was an ass, but she always got along with him since they had similar personalities.

 "John. You're early." Jenna responded as he walked into the house. 

She did not sound happy to see him.

 "I said I would be in by noon. Hey Elena." he gave Elena a warm smile.

 "Oh what you say and what you do are usually two different things." Jenna sounded uncomfortable having him in the house.

 Jeremy walked down the steps slowly surprised to see his uncle at the door. 

"Uncle John what's up?" Jeremy asked coming to a stop and putting his arm around Rachel's shoulders in a brotherly hug.

 He then pushed past everyone and walked out to Rachel's car.

 "I had some business in town. I figured I would stop and see the family." he told him simply.