Blood Brothers

Rachel rushed through the door of the Salvatore house

She was picking up Elena for school and she was supposed to meet her outside but she wasn't there.

She was taking the chance of running into Damon who she was avoiding at all costs this time.

Unfortunately, luck was not on her side as she ran into him drinking a glass of bourbon and looking at the artifact that Pearl gave to him.

He turned to look her way but didn't say anything to her.

"Is Elena ready? We were supposed to be at school already." She asked Damon softly.

"She's coming she was downstairs with Stefan all night." he told her without glancing her way.

"Did you ever figure out what that is?" she asked stepping closer to him and nodding toward the artifact in his hand.

"No nothing yet. Whatever it is it doesn't work." he told her as he sat it back down on the table and finally looked at her.

"You look very nice for just going to school." he said to her causing her to blush lightly.

Damon could hear her heart racing and it was killing him that he couldn't say or do anything else about it.

She had made up her mind and Tyler was the one she was with.

"Thanks. I have a class meeting after school today so I want to look nice." she stated awkwardly.

Damon smirked lightly before he turned to pour himself another drink.

"Have you spoken to your uncle lately?" he asked changing the subject.

"I have actually been avoiding him. Since he knows that I know about you I really don't want to explain to him how I know that." she informed him with a small smile.

He gave her a smile back and stepped closer to her.

"So the other night after the dance you were going to tell me something." he stated wanting to know what she was going to say to him.

It was bugging him that he didn't know. She opened her mouth to speak but got stopped by Elena rushing up the steps.

"I know. I know. Sorry I am really running behind this morning. We can go now."

Elena said as she grabbed her bag off of the couch.

"I'll be back later after school Damon." Elena stated to him not even sparing him a glance as she rushed out the door.

"Well that would be my cue to go as well. I guess I will see you when I see you." She smiled softly and turned to follow Elena out the door.

Damon quickly stepped in front of her not ready for her to leave just yet.