Musicals 🎶 Karis

It'd better not be just me who absolutely can't stop listening to musicals....right gals???

So, here are a list of my favorites and and some of the more popular songs in them:

Wicked

Wicked has soooo many fun songs to sing, even though if you haven't seen it performed and don't know the whole plot, it makes like... not much sense... But anyway, the songs are fun, catchy and amazing. Here's a few: Popular, For Good, Dancing Through Life, What is this Feeling, Defying Gravity, One Short Day.

Newsies

Newsies. Newsies. Newsies. Yup, definitely very high up there. And the plot is really good too. It does not have as many songs as most musicals, but man, they are GOOD. Here's a few songs: Seize the Day, Santa Fe, Something to Believe In, The World Will Know, King of New York.

Les Miserables

Now, if you haven't heard this one, you have no life! No, I'm just kidding, but really, the plot is the best of all musicals I've heard of. It tells the story of a convict who tries to start a new life while a revolt takes place. And then there's fights and romance and all. It's great. Okay, here's a few: Castle on a Cloud, Stars, On My Own, One Day More, Do You Hear the People Sing, Empty Chairs at Empty Tables (which is the saddest song in existence 😆).

Finding Neverland

I am DYING to watch this, and Wicked. It's music is out of this world catchy and pretty! Most of the songs are themed on getting set free from "boundaries" and using your imagination to make things better. Here are some songs: Neverland, If the World Turned Upside Down, All of London is Here Tonight, The Pirates of Kensington, When Your Feet don't Touch the Ground, Something About this Night, We're All Made of Stars.

Guys and Dolls

This one is so good with a lot of people as they all are but I love it too! Here's some songs: Guys and Dolls, The Oldest Established, Adelaide's Lament, I've Never Been In Love Before, Luck Be a Lady.

The Little Mermaid

Yes, it's the little princess Disney movie, but I've totally fallen for the musical version's songs. Here are some: Fathoms Below, Human Stuff, Positoovity, She's In Love, If Only, Les Poisson, Under the Sea.

Okay, now here are some of my not favorite but still awesome musicals:

The Phantom Of the Opera
Did NOT like the plot at all.

Oliver
It's a different kind of music. 🤷‍♀️

Seussical
Not my fav, but does have fun tunes.

The Sound of Music
Obviously.

Singing In the Rain
I only like a few songs.

Madagascar Jr
I have to say, it's GREAT!

Hello, Dolly!
Not my favorite Musical genre, but there are really good songs.

Greatest Showman
Am not a fan of the movie, but the songs? Okay.

Fiddler on the Roof
I actually like the story a lot, which is surprising with my story taste, but the music's just as good.

If you couldn't tell, I LOVE musicals. Comment on your favs and have an awesome week, God bless!

- Karis