Tips on Cleaning Your Room

Who here absolutely hates cleaning your room perfectly and then seeing it dirty the next day? I do this literally every week!

Tip 1. Instead of shoving everything is a drawer and trying to keep the drawer clean, take everything out of the drawer and go over everything in it. Say to yourself,  when will I use this? Or when I move out of this house, will I want to take it with me. Answer honestly.

2. Go through everything in your closet and ask yourself the same thing. Try and match up outfits and see the clothes you have will be worn.

3. Even though little decorations are adorable, limit it. A bare wall is okay. It makes the room feel and look more spacious. The more stuff you have, the more cluttered you feel.

4. Try not to have food. Although it feels so nice to cuddle up in your room and eat, I always forget the dishes. Even water bottles get cluttered up. Plus, food and drink stains or your furniture or clothes isn't a good thing.

5. Even though it isn't super important, making your bed does make your room feel cleaner when you're in it.

6. Dust and vacuum your room every week. That's kind of a no brainer but I figured I'd put it out here anyway. Even though my room is carpet and doesn't seem dirty, it is.

7. One of the hardest ones. Keeping clothes from ending up all over your bed and floor. (Still trying to master this one) There is no easy solution to this one. The answer is simple. The clothes are dirty? Laundry basket. The clothes are clean? Closet or drawer. Procrastination is never the answer.

There it is! Hope you all found it helpful.

~Leah