No-heat Curls! {Ella Mae}

If you're like me, you probably are always looking to find ways to style your hair. Ways that won't use heat or wreck it. If this is the case, I have the perfect solution for you! :)

My hair isn't exactly straight or curly, and the headband method works pretty well for me. I get a bigillion complements, and everyone always asks how I do it.  Before I give the instructions, you're going to want a few things to help you out with this one:

-A headband (You can use a soft headband, a bandanna, or you can even find ones online like the one below made just for this purpose.)

-A spray bottle with water in it (The size really doesn't matter

-A spray bottle with water in it (The size really doesn't matter.)

-A hairbrush for the snarls 

-Some hair ties if you want to keep some of the hair out of the way

-A mirror 

Start out by spraying your dry hair with a little bit of water so that the curls last longer. Brush or comb through your hair and then part it wherever you want it to be. You could also just skip the parting if you keep it in its natural part line. 

Place your headband/bandanna on your head hippie-style. I usually separate my all of my hair into two sections, one on the right and the other to the left. This is when you can use one of your hair ties to keep it to one side.

Take a section of hair from one of the two sides and begin twisting it away from your face. The section should be picked up from the front of your head, going toward the back. The size of this new section shouldn't be gigantic, nor should it be too small. Find something in between. 

Then, take your twisted hair and tuck it in the headband. Go over the top of it, and make sure that it isn't tucked in too loosely. 

Now, you should have some hair left over after you tucked it in. Take a new section, about as big as the previous one, and combine it with the first section. Twist the sections into one, (DON'T rope twist them.) and then tuck it in the headband again. This process should be repeated until you have the first half of your hair done. Repeat with the other side. 

If you want, you can spray it a little more with some water at the end. Don't make it drenched. 

You can either leave the headband in for a few hours, or sleep with it on overnight. If you choose to sleep with it, you might have to make some adjustments the next morning. I usually tip my head down and shake my hair to separate the curls. It also helps if you brush it the tiniest bit. When you brush it, you have to be very careful so that you don't ruin the curls. 

The harder part with using a normal headband is that it's harder to take off. With a bandanna or a headband designed for this, you can untie the headband so that it falls off. (I've used all of those methods, by the way.)

Here's a visual you can use: (That's not me, in case you were wondering.)

So now, you should have beautiful curls without any heat necessary! I hoped this helped you out

So now, you should have beautiful curls without any heat necessary! I hoped this helped you out. :)