[ O N E ]

C A M I L L E

"I'm just saying. Buck can't keep staying over like that." Steve goes on as he drove, "It's time he moves back to Headquarters or gets his own place."

"So, you want to kick your Best Friend out?" I ask, propping my feet up on the dashboard of the car.

Steve clicks his tongue, "When you put it like that it just sounds mean." He says shooting me a look, "Look, I know he's my Best Friend and I love him. It's just, I got us our own place so that we could spend some alone time together." He reasons.

"Well, you scouted for the place, Tony got it for us." I correct.

Steve shoots me another exasperated look, "And I'm pretty sure he was willing to do it for the same reasons."

"All I know is that I won't be the one that's going to have to tell Buck that he needs to go." I say as Steve pulls into the driveway of the newly renovated Avengers Headquarters.

He unbuckles his seatbelt, leaning over to plant a kiss on the top of my nose.

"Got it." He smiles as he got off the car.

I chuckle, shaking my head at him as he walks over to my side of the car, opening the door for me as he always does.

"Thank you." I thanked as I exited the car.

We made our way into the building together and are immediately greeted by a bunch of familiar faces and an enraged Tony as I join them at the bar while Steve catches up with Sam and Wanda.

"Peter Parker, you better put that drink down, kid or so help me!" Tony's voice booms through the room. 

My eyes land on the sulking teenager with a bottle of beer halfway away from his mouth and snickered.

"I just wanted to try a sip!" The boy protests, "Plus, technically, I'm already over twenty-one, so I can drink!"

"No, you're not!" Tony continues to lecture, "You blipped. Do you know what that means? That means you're still fifteen!"

"I'm sixteen." Peter argues, only to piss Tony off more.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did it look like I cared? Did it?" Tony turns to me and asks sarcastically, before turning his attention back to the poor boy, "No, I don't! You're still not allowed to drink, now put that drink down."

"I guess I'll take that." I say, holding out a hand and waiting for him to pass the bottle over.

"Give it to her, kid or I'll get Happy to take you home right now!" Tony threatens.

Peter finally gives in, pouting as he hands the bottle over to me and watched me take a sip.

"Sorry, kid. Try again in a few years times." I snickered.

The boy mutters angrily under his breath, before dragging himself to the other end of the room to join Shuri, who never failed to fly in from Wakanda for our monthly gatherings with her Brother and Okoye.

"Geez, kids nowadays." Tony mumbles, shaking his head.

"Aren't you really getting a hang of this parenting thing." I tease.