[ S I X ]

C A M I L L E

"Cami!" Morgan greets as I step through the front door, running up to hug me.

"That's Aunt Cami for you." Tony corrects, "Cam." He greets awkwardly.

"Where's Pep?" I asked.

"Out, running errands." He replies, "Are you going to have breakfast with us?"

"We're making pancakes!" Morgan adds excitedly.

"Will it be edible?" I tease.

"Oh, ha-ha. Very funny." Tony rolls his eyes, fighting back a smile.

I let out a laugh, "Sure, I'll have some pancakes."

Breakfast is soon served and we all sit down at the table together and started to dig in.

"Look, we both know why you're here." Tony says, swallowing a large bite of pancakes, "And I'll admit, I may have overreacted."

I raise my brows in amusement, "Did you, now?"

"Don't rub it in, Cam. Just don't." He says with a sigh.

"Mummy said you should apologise!" Morgan chimes in.

"Morgan H. Stark, what did we say about interrupting when the adults are talking?" He scolds.

The little girl pouts, trying to hide a sheepish smile as she dives back into her stack of pancakes.

"But she's right." He turns back to me, "I'm sorry for walking out like that."

"Hold on," I say, taking my phone out my pocket and pointing the camera at Tony, "Could you say that again? I wasn't recording."

Tony shoots me a look, "Cam, I swear to god. I will kick you out of my house."

I laugh, stuffing my phone back in my pocket, "Alright, alright. I'm just kidding." I let out a sigh, "I think I owe you an apology, too. You're right, we have to be careful who we trust, but we need a plan, Tony, and fast."

"I thought we already had a plan." He replies, "As your fossil of a Boyfriend always says, we do this together. It's how we've always done it and it seems to be what works every time."

"Together it is." I smiled and Tony holds out his fist, waiting for me to bump it and I do.

"This doesn't make you cool." I quickly point out before it all goes to his head as I took my already emptied plate to the sink.

"Oh, c'mon! I'm cool!" He whines, "Daddy's cool, right?" He turns to ask Morgan who scrunches up her nose, shaking her head.

I wash the plates, putting them onto the drying rack before turning to Tony again.

"This is going to be tough. We're practically going to be fighting ourselves." I sigh, "I don't even know how Wanda's going to react to having to fight her Brother."

"Hold on, her brother?" Tony asks, "As in Pietro Maximoff?"

I nod in reply, "That's who broke into Headquarters yesterday."