[ F O R T Y - O N E ]

C A M I L L E

I jerk away to the sound of pounding at my door, Steve's arm still wrapped tightly around me as if he was worried I would disappear halfway through the night.

"Hey! You guys decent?" Bucky's voice calls out from the other side.

Not even bothering to wait for a reply, he budges into the room, making me regret forgetting to lock the door last night.

Thankfully- to answer Bucky's question, we were in fact, decent.

"Buck, what the hell?" Steve grunts rolling off the bed.

"Morning, Lovebirds." Bucky greets with a smirk, "I see things went well last night."

I rub the last traces of sleep from my eyes before shooting a glare Bucky's way, "Damn it, who told you? Was it Clint or Nat?"

"Well, Clint was telling Tony when Thor overheard and he pretty much told everyone, so." Bucky shrugs a single shoulder.

I groan, burying my face into my pillow, "Those three can never resist a good gossip, huh?" I grumble.

"You know it." Bucky grins before proceeding to drag me out of the bed, "Come on, rise and shine! Today's going to be a good day. Hell, it's already a good day! My two best friends are back together again." He says, pulling both of us into a tight hug, practically crushing me under his metal arm.

"You're chirpy today." Steve says as he pulls on a fresh shirt.

"It's annoying, just so you know." I add, "What's up?"

Bucky folds his arms over his chest, leaning back against my desk.

"The device is working." Bucky informs, "If everybody's good to go, we'll do it today."

"That's great news." Steve offers me a smile, "Let's get going."

I shift under his gaze, realizing that I haven't had the chance to tell him what finding the reality stone may entail.

Steve's smile falls as he studies my face, "It's good news, right?" He questions, taking a step closer to me.

Bucky catches my eye and a look of realization washes over his face as it dawns on him.

"You haven't told him?" Bucky asks.

"Told me what?" Steve glances between Bucky and I in confusion.

"There's a reason why we're after just the reality stone." Bucky states.

"Buck, give us a minute, would you?" I gesture for the door.

Bucky simply nods before heading out the door, leaving me and Steve in silence.

"Camille, what is it?" He asks as he steps into my space, his eyes gazing at me with worry.

"Steve..." I start with a sigh, taking his hand in mine, "What I'm about to tell you, It's only a possibility."

"That just makes me even more nervous, Cam." He says.