[ E L E V E N ]

S T E V E

I return my room to see Camille sitting on a stool in our room, twisted around in an awkward angle as she dug into her shoulder with a pair of forceps.

"What happened?" I asked, failing to hide my panic.

"Relax." Cam dismisses my worries with a wave of a hand, "I'm fine, just got to remove the bullet."

Just as she says that she winces in pain as she finally dislodges the bullet.

"You don't look fine." I state jokingly.

Camille shoots me a look, jumping to her feet before reach under a lamp placed on the nightstand.

The light flickers as her fingertips come into contact with the bulb. Her eyes glow purple as she absorbs the energy and when she removes her fingers from the bulb, it loses its glow completely.

She then turns her shoulder to me, pointing at the now healed skin where the wound used to be.

"See, good as new." She places a hand on my cheek before leaning in for a kiss, "You worry too much."

"Do I, now?" I raised my brows in question as I pulled her into my embrace, kissing her on the forehead.

She chuckles as I plant a trail of kisses up her neck before my lips met hers once again.

"Have you ever thought of eloping?" I asked and Camille shoots me a look.

"I thought we wanted to get married with the family around." She says with a pout.

"Yeah, but think about it. This way, we could just get married tomorrow if we wanted to." I suggested.

Cam smacks me playfully in the bicep, drawing laughter from me.

"Slow down, we just got engaged." She points out, wrapping her hands around my neck.

We fall into a comfortable silence as my eyes gazed into hers. They were a warm green that always seemed to lift my spirits and as I stared into them, I'm reminded, once again how lucky I am to have her.

My lips quirk up into a smile, "I can't wait to marry you."

Camille returns a smile, just as bright, giving me one last kiss before ruffling my hair affectionately.

"I'm going to take a shower." She says, "Get some rest."

I nod in reply, watching her enter the shower. I smiled uncontrollably to myself as I plopped down on our cosy bed, thoughts of me finally being able to marry the love of my life making me giddy with excitement.

I'm not sure when, but soon, I drift asleep. The next time I remember was waking up with Camille snuggled up against me.

The moment reminds me of the dream I had a year ago and only to wake up to an empty bed.

My heart ached just thinking about the time I lost her, making me appreciate times like this even more than ever.

I pulled her closer to me, needing to feel her presence next to me. Then, I kiss her on the forehead and vowing to myself that I was never going to let myself lose her again.