[ T W E N T Y - N I N E ]

T H O R

"I would disagree with that, I don't think you're not worthy, Thor." Camille says.

"I don't think you know how this works." I reply, "If I were worthy, I would be able to lift Mjolnir, but I can't, therefore I am not."

The memories of being cast out of my home flashes through my mind and I find myself feeling even worse than before.

"I'm a failure. I don't deserve to be an Odinson." I mutter, fighting the tears that had started to well up in my eyes.

I look up to find Camille looking at me through narrowed eyes, "Alright, that's enough." She states, walking over to me and dragging me up by the arm, "I'm taking you out, c'mon."

"Where are we going?" I asked, wiping my tears away.

"We're getting some fresh air." She simply answers, "Now, get off your ass. Let's go."

I finally give in, getting myself to my feet and following behind her to the door.

"Cam, wait." The man with the metal arm calls, "I thought we were going to the Sanctum?"

"Guess that's going to have to wait." She shrugs, "Also, we're taking the jet."

"Do I want to know how you would even have excess to the jets?" Clint rolls his eyes.

Camille looks back at him with a smirk, "Probably not."

"Don't do anything illegal." Clint yells.

"You really think she's going to listen to you?" Iron-arm replies.

I follow Camille out of the lab and down the hallway without question. There was somehow no doubt in my mind that I could trust this woman who I barely knew as we head to the hanger together.

"Make yourself comfortable, this might take a while." Camille says as settles into the pilot seat.

I gulp as I strap myself in tight in the seat beside her, my heart suddenly pounding against my chest.

Camille pauses, glances over at me, "What is it? You look nervous."

"Nervous? Of course, not!" I force a laugh, "Why would I be?"

Camille's eyes scan my face, her brows growing closer together before a look of realisation washes over her face.

"Are you afraid of flying?" She questions.

"Don't be ridiculous." I dismiss her concerns with the wave of a hand, "I am a God, we are never afraid."

Camille rolls her eyes, then shoots me an exasperated look.

"Fine." I cross my arms over my chest, "Maybe a little."

"But you always fly with Mjolnir." She tried to reason, "Shouldn't you be used to it by now?"

"I used to, Lady Camille." I reply, shifting uncomfortably in my seat, "It's been more than a decade since I last did so and I've rarely been on one of these, who knows if this would be my last time on one."