[ T H R E E ]

C A M I L L E

"How?" I muttered, unable to believe my eyes.

"You brought me back." Pietro replies with a smile.

"If she was the one who brought you back wouldn't you have come back through the portal? We would've seen you." Steve questions, suspiciously.

Pietro chuckles, "It's me. What? Don't you believe me?"

"I don't think so." Steve persists, "How do we know you're telling the truth?"

As if the day's events weren't confusing enough, I'm left even more confused by Steve's line of questioning towards Pietro, although I trusted that he knew what he was doing.

"This isn't who you think he is." Loki speaks.

I've been so immersed in what was happening here, I hardly even noticed that the God was in the room.

Pietro raises a brow at his comment, "And how would you know that?"

"I was raised by a witch." Loki replies, "And we see with more than just my eyes."

"Oh, c'mon." Pietro laughs, "You can't possibly trust him. Isn't he the bad guy?"

I glance over at Loki, who looks defeated upon hearing his words.

"He's one of us, so I do trust him." I answer, earning a surprised look from the God of Mischief.

"Who sent you?" Loki questions.

"Nobody sent me. I'm Pietro." He says, "C'mon guys, it's me."

"He's lying." The God stands by his opinions.

"How did you die?" I test.

Pietro's face falls, clearly not knowing the answer and being not too pleased by the fact that his cover has been blown.

"Guess you're not as stupid as we thought you were after all." The impersonator scoffs, his thick Sokovian accent fading away and his demeanour completely different from before, finished off with a sinister look in his eyes.

"We?" This time it was my turn to ask the questions, "Who else is with you?"

"Wouldn't you like to know." He says with an amused glint in his eyes.

Before I could even comprehend, Pietro starts to speed around the room once again, knocking all three of us off our feet.

I land on the ground, my head hitting the solid floor hard.

I let out a grunt in frustration, "Son of a bitch!" I yelled, instinctively looking to Steve, "Language, I know."

"I wasn't going to say anything." Steve groans as he picked himself up from the floor.

"You were definitely thinking it."  I say as I got to my feet as well.

"I didn't know my girlfriend was telepathic." Steve jokes.

"Might I remind the both of you that there's an imposter on the loose." Loki scolded, still laying on the floor.

"Cam!" Steve calls, drawing my attention to the streak heading for the door.

I quickly raise a forcefield, blocking off the exit before he could escape.

Going too fast to be able to stop in time, Pietro runs straight into the barrier and lands on the ground groaning.

"Doesn't feel so good, does it?" I remarked.

Steve rushes forward, holding the man down with Loki helping him, but were both too slow as Pietro starts to speed off again.

Suddenly, the door to the medical room burst right open and Carol comes flying out, tackling the speedster and pinning him against the wall.

"I believe the lady asked you a question." She pressed.

"N-No one." Taken aback, Pietro stutters, "I came alone."

"Who sent you?" I asked next.

His lips stretched into the same corky smile as before, "Oh, I think you'll be surprised at how familiar you are with my boss. Wouldn't they?" He asks Carol.

"Enough with your games." Carol growls, "Where is your team? Are they on this Earth?"

My brows furrow upon hearing her words, "This Earth?"

"Yeah, we have a lot of explaining to do." Steve says with a heavy sigh.

I could feel my head throb at the amount of information that had just been relayed.

"Seriously, could you people ever stop getting yourselves into these type of complicated situations?" Loki throws his hands in the air in frustration, "It's barely been a year since you defeated Thanos-"

As soon as the God of Mischief mutters the name of the deranged Titan, a large figure crashes into the room through the roof.

"Oh, great. Just as I thought things couldn't get any worse!" Loki complains.

Before us, stood Thanos in the flesh. Steve and I immediately charge at the Titan, although both of us seemed to be in a disadvantage without any of our weapons.

"No, stop!" Carol yells as I land my first attack, "Stop!"

Her words fall on deaf ears as we continued to fight. To my surprise, the Titan does nothing to retaliate, only moving to block our punches.

"Cam!" Steve calls, tossing me a gun he had somehow obtained.

I take my shot, however, the Titan dodged just in time, the bullet only grazing his cheek. I aim the gun, ready to take another shot.

This time Thanos catches my hand, disarming me but otherwise does nothing else to hurt me.

"I'm not your enemy." He says, surprisingly calm.

Carol glances over at us in worry, "He's telling the truth!"

Pietro seizes the opportunity while she's distracted, shoving her off him and speeding across the room. He stops at the door, looking back at us with a smug smile.

"You people are pathetic. You better sort your issues out because I'll be back and next time it wouldn't just be me." He grinned, "We'll end you. All of you."

Pietro speeds off without another word, leaving the four of us faced with the Titan.

He looks at me with empathetic eyes, "I don't know what the version of me from your Earth did to you and I'm sorry for that, but I'm not him."

Steve and I watched as he walks towards a nearby window and stares blankly out of it.

"My Earth is very different from yours. Hydra rules my Earth and now they're coming got yours." He explains, "If we're going to defeat them, we're going to have to work together and you're going to have to trust me. I'm not going to let them ruin more lives."