[ E I G H T ]

C A M I L L E

I watched as our team members are knocked down by a cloud of black mist shooting through the room.

Turning my attention back to my alternate self. Alone and unarmed, I'm left with no other choice than to rely on only my powers and rusty combat skills.

"Is dear Artemis getting tired already?" Madame Hydra mocks with a pout before charging forward once again.

I quickly open a portal behind me and stepped through it, causing my opponent to fall onto the ground.

I re-enter the room behind her and watched as she lets out a sharp screech in annoyance as she looked back at me with enraged eyes.

"You think you're so clever, don't you?" She gets to her feet, pointing the tip of her blade at me, "If you haven't noticed, you're outnumbered. The odds aren't in your favour, sweetheart."

I shrug, "I'll take my chances."

I swerved to avoid her blade as she jabs it at me. With every failed attack, she only gets increasingly annoyed.

Soon, I see my opening. I quickly grab her wrist and disarmed her with a twist of her arm.

The knife clatters to the ground and I immediately dive for it. The base of the knife was just inches away, but before my fingers could even come into contact with its handle, something grabs my feet and flunked me into the wall behind.

Pain courses through my back and down to the tips of my fingers. I groan as I pushed myself back onto my feet.

A blue streak does a lap around the room before it comes to a stop beside Madame Hydra.

"I didn't think we would meet again so soon." Pietro smiles down at me.

He speeds forward again, knocking me off my feet. He then pulls me to my knees, forcing me to look up at Madame Hydra.

"You people just don't know when to stop, do you?" She laughs, pressing her blade to my neck.

A stinging pain courses through my neck and I could feel the blood trickling down.

"When are you going to see that there's no point in fighting anymore? You're all already at my mercy."

Her lips curl into a sinister smile as she raises her blade over her head, ready to plunge it down into me.

Seconds felt like hours as I waited for the knife to finally end me, but just then, I notice a figure materialise behind Madame Hydra and a dagger flies into her shoulder.

She lets out a scream in pain, her blade falling from her hand and onto the ground, revealing Loki standing behind her.

Pietro curses under his breath beside me, ready to make a break for it when Wanda appears out of nowhere and sends him flying into the ceiling.

He groans as he lands into the ground again. Wanda's eyes grow wide as they catch a proper look at the boy's face.

"Pietro?" She mutters under her breath, her mouth falling slightly ajar in shock.