Sleep Talking (S1)

Brandeen x Jakey

Jakey and Brandeen had recently gotten together and honestly? Jakey couldn't be happier. Ever since they had they spent most of their time together in Jake's not so secret, secret base. They watched movies, played MineSwitch™, and Jakey had even sung to Brandeen's accompanying piano.

Most of the time they even slept together... No not like that, mind out of the gutter. They slept in the same bed as each other. It was sometimes hard though considering Jakey being ice and Brandeen fire but still they managed.

Through out this though Jakey learned that Brandeen had a habit of talking in his sleep. Unlike most people he didn't say sweet or funny things in his sleep. Instead Jake would swear Brandeen took off about 20 years from his life span.

Brandeen said the most terrifying things.

One time Brandeen had been sleeping while Jake was reading a book given to him by his brother when Brandeen jerked in his sleep. This had caught his attention because the son of Ares  was typically a rather sound sleeper.

After watching him for a few minutes Jake had returned to his book. Almost immediately he felt a warm hand on his shoulder. He'd very nearly screamed but was stopped by a hand over his mouth. Turning he saw Brandeen's red eyes staring directly at him.

"What-" He started, pulling away from Brandeen's hand but he  interrupted him.

"Do you see it? The barbed wire." He'd whispered pointing to the wall.

Jake had freaked out and he guesses Brandeen had actually awoken from that. Soon he had an awkward Brandeen, blushing and embarrassed, as he explained that he sometimes talked in his sleep. He explained he didn't do it often but when he did, it usually was a bit darker.

The next time it happened Jake had gotten an even worse scare. This time they had been in Brandeen's cabin sleeping and everything was normal.

Until Brandeen shook Jakey awake at 3am.

Jake had awoken with a start and turned with a scowl to discover why his sleep had been interrupted only to see that his boyfriend wasn't even looking at him. He was staring at the cabin door.

"What's wrong Brandeen?" He had whispered.

Brandeen not moving his gaze from the door just whispered. "He's here."

Jakey's eyes widened and he looked at the door before he realized.

"Are you... Asleep?" He muttered more to himself than actually posing the question to Brandeen but he figured he was correct because he immediately layed back down and continued to sleep.

Jake had just stared in shock before standing and looking out the windows and ensuring that the door was locked. He slept with his spear next to the bed that night.

The third time however was definitely the strangest. Jake honestly wasn't sure what to make of it.

It had been late when he had returned to his secret base. He had lost track of time while with his brother and upon heading down the stairs he saw Brandeen sleeping soundly. He had smiled and went to work on a potion Mitch had mentioned to him.

He had been working for about an hour when he heard quiet speaking. By this point he was pretty used to Brandeen's habit so he stopped to listen.

He watched as Brandeen rolled over and spoke. "You don't know what's out there." He said it so casually that Jake was more confused than scared.

"What? Out where?"

"You don't know what's in the swamp."

Jake just kind of froze at that. Why was his boyfriend dreaming about swamps. Swamps had water. Brandeen, although getting better, still heavily disliked water. Also there were no swamps around camp as far as he was aware of.

"What swamp?" He asked. "What?"

He was given no response. He just brushed that one off and ignored it.

However not all of Brandeen's sleep talk was scary. Some was cuter, albeit a little inconvenient.

As was the situation once where Brandeen had woken him up at around 2am.

Jakey opened his eyes to find Brandeen smiling lovingly down at him.

"Brandeen? What are you doing?"

Brandeen kissed gently while still smiling. Jakey was confused but he definitely wasn't complaining.

Brandeen pulled back still smiling and then said "Have a great day at work Jakey."

He then immediately pushed Jake onto the floor and rolled back over, taking all of the blankets with him.

Yeah, it's an inconvenience at times but Jakey wouldn't change it for anything. He loved his boyfriend too much for a little sleep walking to bother him.

A/N: So I have a confession to make. I don't ship Brakey. I ship Jake x Brandeen. I ship Brakey in Fairy Tail Origins but not Origins of Olympus. Well still hope you enjoyed despite that.

Also more maybe two/three days? I got some free time so hopefully no more two weeks without upload.