He's the Map (S1)

Warning: Inappropriate thoughts mentioned, believed unrequited love (or awkward teen thoughts and emotions),
Ritchie x Michael

Michael sighed as he made his way towards Ritchie's cabin. This was not something he was looking forward to. He was going to have his best friend strip so that he could read a map that his birthmarks were. He already mapped his arms so how it was time for his chest. It was so weird.

Upon arriving Michael knocked on Ritchie's door and tried to keep himself composed. Or at least appear so. It only took a few seconds before Ritchie opened the door. He smiled hesitantly and pulled Michael in. Then they were silent for a moment.

"Sooo... " Ritchie kept bouncing, constantly shifting his weight from one leg to the other. "Where do you want me?"

Michael sighed running a hand through his hair. "I guess you should stand here. I may have to check your back so you can't lay down." He took a breath. "Okay top off."

Ritchie nodded and Michael noticed a small blush on his face as he pulled his arms out of his sleeves let his robes fall so his top half was completely exposed. Michael pulled out his book and glanced between his best friend's chest and the book before sighing.

"What's wrong?" Ritchie asked.

"I can't... " Michael's face had gone red as he refused to meet Ritchie's eyes. Then scowled, gritting his teeth, and muttered an "oh screw it!" and dropped to his knees in front of the son of Hermes.

"Uhh!?" Ritchie could feel his face burn as his friend sat in front of him. "What are you-!?"

"I can't see what I'm doing so we have to do it like this!" He snapped. "That's all."

Ritchie nodded trying to compose himself. "Right... yeah. That's, um, that's cool. Makes sense I mean! It uh, it's, well... You know what? Nevermind! I'm gonna stop talking now."

Michael raised an eyebrow and ignored the flushing of his own face as focused on Ritchie's chest. Ritchie was fit, there was no doubt about it. Michael felt embarrassed for even dwelling on that fact. It was expected! They were both half bloods for gods' sake!

They literally spent most of their time fighting monsters or training to fight monsters!

As Michael tried to force himself to focus on mapping Ritchie was panicking. Here he was with his best friend on his knees in front of him, hands brushing across his stomach and chest in light feathery touches. Now, he would never admit this to Michael (or anyone else for that matter) but he'd be lying if he said he'd never imagined this before. Of course he was wearing more clothes now than in his musings but still. 

Ritchie was ripped from his thoughts when Michael's hand was suddenly on his stomach. He would deny it if asked but he let out a high pitched yelp. 

Michael jumped but kept a glare on his face. "Shut up! Just shush and hold still... This is so weird..." Ritchie wasn't sure he was supposed to hear that last part.

"So what, uh, have you got so far?"

Michael just glared up at him. Ritchie swallowed and ignored how attractive his friend looked. Ritchie averted his eyes.

"Sorry, sorry..."

"I told you to shut up. But," He scowled sitting back in his legs, "this one's gonna be a lot harder to get to. Or so I'm assuming."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that's it's also a lot harder to decipher. Unlike the last one this one isn't coordinates. It's more like a riddle."

Ritchie groaned. "Why does everything have to be riddles huh!? The map, the prophecy, everything is a freaking riddle!"

Michael giggled slightly at his friends irritation. "Yeah they definitely don't like to make things easy, huh? Well either way I need to keep deciphering this. So good still and try to be quiet. I'll be quick."

Ritchie nodded and looked anywhere but at Michael, who had leaned back forward and was now biting his lip in focus. Ritchie felt his poor little bi heart nearly stop. They were silent for a few minutes before Michael glanced up at him through his lashes.

"You doing okay?"

Ritchie wasn't okay. His face was burning red but he was gonna fake till he made it. "Yep," his voice cracked, "all good here."

Michael clearly didn't believe him but he didn't push and just continued mapping, much to Ritchie's relief.

"I'm almost done." Michael reassured figuring that the other was uncomfortable. Ritchie nodded slightly and shoved down his disappointment.

He swallowed. "Cool, cool..."

"... And done." Michael leaned back and looked between Ritchie and the book for a moment. "Yep all done. You can put your shirt back on."

"Oh thank the gods." Ritchie yanked his Rob's back up quickly. "So now what."

"Well we should probably figure out the next location but honestly I'm drained." Michael huffed. "So let's go to our cabins and sleep. We can do this tomorrow."

Now that he said that Ritchie realized he was pretty tired too. "Sounds good," He yawned. "See you tomorrow?"

Michael grabbed his things and nodded. "Yeah. Now let's pretend none of this happened, yeah?"

"Yep."

Michael left and Ritchie found himself alone in his room. Flopping on his bed, he found himself wishing Michael would have stayed but he knew that it wasn't meant to be. Closing his eyes he let himself fall drift off, unaware that Michael was having very similar thoughts

A/N: Wow so this didn't go in the way I wanted but I'm content with it. It was meant to have a happier ending than this but this happened instead. Whoops. Hope y'all enjoyed.

Also that picture looks so bad. It was all I could manage to make though so... yikes...