Chapter 1: Hello Mr Zac,

Living in a small complex in Dayton, Ohio with a single parent doesn't leave many options financially.

I'm Katie I'm sixteen years old, Anyway, let's get to my life, shall we?

"Boom! Boom!" I wake up to the sound of josh banging on my bedroom door, he decides it's okay to walk in, "Rise and Shine," he said "What time is it?," I moaned "nine o one! Sleepyhead," he walks to the edge of my bed and pulls off my comforter but luckily I still have my sheet.

Then he grabs that "Hey! But it's summer," I said loud and clear as I sat up "sure is! and it's also the first day of summer break!," I look at him with a sarcastic smile but then he just walks out of my room and I follow.

We walk into the kitchen were dad is making his fabulous pancakes and as  Josh and I sat down we both said "Yummy," in perfect sequence,we look at each other and laugh.

After we finish the deliciously fluffy pancakes we headed downtown. We walked the streets of downtown for hours until finally we went into a antique store, we went in and it was kinda like a storage place for junk.

But there was a few antique dolls that I could look at on the shelf, "hey Katie! Get over here!," as I walked over I noticed he's in the corner at a table with our teacher?!

I finally got over there "Hey Katie," "Hey Mr Zac what are you doing," I asked "Well these are the sign ups for summer reading, would you like to sign up?,"

"Sure," I grab the pen that Mr Zac was handing me and I sign name and as I do " Josh? Do you want to sign up?," "No thanks I'm pretty sure summer is for not having to do that kinda thing," "Sure," I put the pen on the piece of paper "Bye Mr Zac," "Bye," "Bye Kid's!"

As we walk out the door josh quietly whispered something to me " I HATE summer reading," " Really I didn't know that?," I said sarcastically.

We headed home and at the end of the block Mr Zac was sitting at his sign up for summer reading stand. We had walked home so he probably beat us here in a car, but it was still pretty strange, My dad was at work by ten AM and it's three o clock.

We walked into the complex and headed to my room. I went to my window to see if Mr Zac was still there and he was, josh sat on my bed " What are ya doing?," I look back at him and walk away from the window "nothing,"

"!BANG! !BANG!" I got up as josh sat there looking at me as I went to the door, I opened the door and " Mr Zac?," "Hey, Katie! I didn't know if you lived here or not,"

He came in and sat down, "Coffee" I asked him as josh came out of my room "Sure," I walked over to the kitchen and poured the coffee and as I did I kept on thinking about how Mr Zac does know were I live and how he's such a stalker and a creep. "Here's your Coffee," "thanks,"

Josh sat down on the couch and started talking to Mr Zac meanwhile I was walking over to the kitchen to do the dishes and the whole time I was doing the dishes Mr Zac kept on glancing over at me.

After a couple hours Mr Zac decided to leave, "Bye kids!," "Bye," he went out the door and left "Hey Katie?," "yeah?," " I think I better head home," "What?! But it's only six," "Ya well I just think I better head home." He says as he heads to the door "Alright bye," "bye," he shuts the door and I head into my room for the rest of the night.