Chapter 7: Missing & Time Jump?

(WOOF WOOF)

I opened my eyes and groaned at the noise coming from outside, ruining my dreamless sleep.

"That dog!"

I got up to the kitchen for breakfast. I've given up on the medicine.

I grabbed the cereal off the top of the fridge then grabbed the milk from the fridge. I walked over to the table and sat down. Breakfast time!

"Katie! Katie!"

"I'm coming, Penny!" I replied. I got up and went to her room.

"What's wrong?" I asked slightly worried while standing in the doorway.

"Can you hand me my medicine over on my dresser?"

"Sure. There you go,"

"Thanks,"

"Welcome, "I replied sweetly.

"Police!" Said a man's voice outside the apartment door.

"The police?" Penny asked worriedly.

"I'll be right back"

I walked back into the living room and opened the door.

"Hello, I'm officer Shermon." He said firmly while reaching for my hand.

"Hello officer, what is this about?" I said sweetly, shaking his hand.

"I believe you were the last one to see Noel Garner."

***

"What do you mean the last one to see her?" I asked with all three of us crammed into Penny's room.

"According to a call put into the station, a friend was going to visit Noel when she noticed her door was left wide open. And after close examination, it appeared there was a struggle."

"Oh my gosh," Penny sighed sitting up.

"Noel Garner is missing."

***

After he told us that, he let us know that his name is Cody and he was personally going to make this case his top priority.

"Thank you, Cody. Bye," I said shutting the door.

I went back to Penny and sat on the bed.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I don't know, she seemed fine last night," I replied.

"Do you think she's-"

"No!" I yelled cutting her off.

''She's not,"

"They'll find her,"

"That's what I said to her about her dog too, we never found her," I said while resting my head in between my arms and cuddling into my legs.

"Kat, that's a dog, it was just you, Noel, and maybe a couple of Randoms. This is the entire police department."

"I know, I know. So how are you feeling?" I asked.

"Don't do that, don't try to change the subject. Did you text Mark?"

"Yeah," I replied. "He didn't answer."

"And Josh?" She asked.

"He said he'd try to come home early tonight."

" I hope she's okay, so do I," I replied.

***
Penny put a movie on and I made her some popcorn and went into the living room to watch TV.

Watching NCIS in the living room, I decided to try Mark again.

You: Hey, Noel's missing, Please answer.

No Answer.

You: Please I'm getting worried.

Still no answer.

***
2 Weeks Later

Between the span of two weeks, Mark was officially declared missing and Noel was nowhere to be found.

Penny's wound healed and they removed her stitches. Everything was, calm. Other than Noel & Mark missing, No drama, No break-ins, but the peace didn't last for long.

***
Following loud moans and groans, I walked cautiously towards the closet. Reaching for the knob I opened it. "Penny?!" I yelled. She was sitting there tied up and crying.

(WOOF!WOOF!)

My eyes shot open. I was back in my bed. "Stupid dog!" I sighed grabbing my head.

I got up and headed to the kitchen. Warm milk, soothing sounds or music before bed, no matter what I try, the nightmares keep coming.

I poured some water and started making oatmeal. At least it was five in the morning. I grabbed a spoon and plopped it in my oatmeal. I looked up and started heading to the living room.

As I did, the front door started shaking violently. Then someone started pounding on the door. In a panic, I grabbed the bat out of the closet and headed for the door, bat raised ready to fight.

But whoever was there, continued pounding. Lowering the bat, I went to go look through the peephole.

And there was Josh standing outside, pounding on the door. Setting the bat on the couch, I unlocked the door.

"Josh?" I asked. "What are you doing here?"

"I forgot my keys." He replied walking in.

"Where were you?"

"I went for a jog." "At five in the morning?" "Hey, I don't have much time before work,"

"Right." I sighed. I grabbed my oatmeal and sat on the couch, moving the bat. "Why is there a bat on the couch?" Josh asked.

"I thought you were an intruder."

"Why?"

"Why?! Because you were pounding on the freaking door at five A.M. in the morning!"

"Jeez. Shh! Penny's sleeping."

"Sorry."

"How much sleep has she gotten this week?" I asked.

"About three nights worth. What about you?"

"I fall asleep by two and wake up by four."

"None of us are getting any sleep in this house."

"Not even you?" I asked.

"Now, with both Noel and Mark missing, and the stress of worrying about another break-in," He replied.

"I think we need to find them."

"What?" Josh replied.

"Let's go look for them, you, me & Penny."

"Where should we look and when?" He asked.

"Later today, after Penny wakes up, we can head up to Albreach and look for them."

"Katie, what if their not,"

"Then at least we'll find them,"

"Ok." He agreed.

Worst idea I've ever had.