Chapter 3: A Crush?

I walked up to the pink and blue house but once the girl saw me she ran behind the house, into the woods.

As I walked to grans I found it weird that she didn't run inside the house, maybe she didn't live there and maybe she thought I did.

I remembered that she had dark brown hair kinda like a brownie color.

And she looked about my age but she had a bright red dress with dirt stains it looked like she was homeless which I think she was-is.

I walked back to grannies and I let sal off his Leash and he quickly zoomed to the kitchen to eat.

Granny is sitting on the couch watching TV I sit down by her " hey gran," " hey pumpkin, what's up? " " Nothing, I just saw a girl at that pink and blue house across the street" granny shot up " listen to me and listen to me now okay?," I remained seated on the couch "yes ma'am," I said in a concerned manor gran calmed down, still standing up she looked me straight in the eye " you do not go near the Craig house okay?,"

" Why? Can't I go to the Craig house?," I said questionably she sat down and held my hand.

" 15 years ago Mrs. Craig gave birth to a baby girl," " Do you know her name?," I asked " No I don't but about 12 years after giving birth to the girl Mr and Mrs.Craig had a terrible accident and I assume they left the girl at a friends cause she went missing after that,"

" granny?," she got comfortable and started watching TV again " what," " do you think I saw that girl today?-" gran just looked at me then looked back at the TV " go feed sal." I got up and walked into the kitchen I could tell that her answer was yes but she didn't want me near that house, I got the kibble and poured a bit into sals bowl and then went upstairs.

I texted Josh to come pick me up but no answer " sal! " I called, he came racing up the stairs and tried to jump into my arms but yet again he didn't make it. Then I fell asleep.

I woke up to granny knocking lightly on the door " hey pumpkin? " I sat up slowly " what is it granny? " josh is here." I shot up and ran down the stairs " thanks gran!," I opened the door and there was josh leaning up against his car.

" I got your text," he said, " I thought you didn't," I replied as I was climbing into the car.

The trees race by. The radios' blasted on old country music I look over to josh and he smiles at me I look back at the window, he's never smiled at me like that.

I think something's changed between us. I kept on thinking about it about if he asked me out what would I say but right now I was focused on getting home and seeing my dad.

We pulled up to the hospital and walked in we went up to the elevators and then he smiled at me again I began to get nervous.

We walked out of the elevators and went into the room.

I sat next to him holding his hand " Hi dad," I said "hey sweetie,"
We sat there till it got dark and we decided that it was time to go back to grans.

We drove back and I got out of the car only to see the girl sitting on that house's porch again I didn't bother her but I guess she saw me because she ran away.

Since t was pretty late when we got to granny's we decided that josh should stay the night.

The next morning josh left and I hung out inside the rest of the day.