Chapter 9: Sneaking in

I walked up to the house and I checked the rug, under the potted plant, above the door, and there it is. Classic above the door.

I turn around and, Crap! Mr. Zac just pulled in the driveway.

***
Mr. Zac got out of the car and walked to the door, "Katie? What are you doing here?" "Oh I just wanted to stop by and say sorry for not being able to come to the summer reading program, it's been hectic," I said looking off into the distance at josh hiding behind a car.

"Don't worry about it, I totally understand with your dad and then the crash."

"Yeah well I better get going, it'll be My dads time to take his meds soon so,"

"Okay, we'll have a nice day," "you too Mr. Zac,"

He walked inside as I walked over to the car, "can't your dad take his own meds?" Josh asked.

"I needed some excuse didn't I?"

***
"Alright bye Josh," "see ya later alligator," He joked.

I walked inside and set the key on the table to blend. I was ready for a nap.

***
It had been a few days since we got the key, and we had a plan. Get the key, Sneak in, and get proof he's stalking us.

***
I patted my pockets and I couldn't find it, so I told Josh and of course, he sighed
"I have an idea!" he headed to the back of the house and, "yes!" There was a window left open so he climbed in and I followed.

As I climbed in I noticed that Josh was standing by the window looking at the bed. Scared, I looked over towards the bed. Then I saw a dead deer just laying there, I peered at its stomach which had been butchered. And there was no bullet hole.

Josh looked at me and I looked at him
"Come On let's search the rest of the house," "Who could do this to an innocent animal?" "Mr. Zac, that's who." I sighed. "You search the bedroom I'll get the rest of the house I said.

I got into an extra bedroom, then I saw this. "Oh my god! Josh get in here quick!"

"What!? What is it?! Oh my,"

It was a developing room with photos of me, josh, penny. And even Nova, "What is this?" "It's proof josh, it's proof."

"Oh no," I whispered "what?" "Do you hear that?" "Keys" he replied.

"Hurry let's get out of here," "Okay" I agreed.

We went back out the way we came.

And we decided to go to the police station.

***
"I'm sorry there's nothing we can do miss." "But he's been stalking us, and some of our friends,"

"I'm sorry, but we can't go off suspicions." "Ugh! Come on josh, let's get out of here."

"What are we gonna do?" Josh asked. "For now? We're gonna go home and come up with some ideas."

***
After a long car ride, we went to my house to come up with some ideas.

"What looking up?" "I'm trying to find out how we can get this guy," "I knew we shoulda took pictures," "Yeah. I know." I said in a depressed manner.

"Ugh! There's literally nothing we can do!" "Just get a restraining order," "and how would I do that?" I asked.

"I don't know, look it up."

I gave him an unsure look, then started typing."

***
Later on, I went to tell my dad about everything. He said he believes me, but that we couldn't do anything.

So, we decided to get a restraining order.

"What did your dad say?" Josh asked me as he was getting his ice cream from the server.

"He believed me-" "What?! Oh my gosh, I can't believe it!" "But he said there's nothing we can do about it, but we're going to get a restraining order."

"Ugh! I wish we could just get this guy!" He said frustrated.

"Calm down okay, at least he won't be able to come near me." "Yeah, but what about other kids?" He asked.

"We can't do anything without proof."
"Then let's get it," "what?" I asked.

"Let's go get proof," he said. "And how would we do that?" "We could go back to his house, take pictures of the dear, the developing room, everything."

At first, I hesitated, but then. "Okay. Let's go,"

***
"Come on," we snuck back into his house to get proof he's been watching us. We got in and, "Josh where's the deer?!" "I don't know," he said scared. I think we both were.

"Josh! The developing room! Hurry!" We ran in as fast as we could, but all there was was a guest room.

"Oh no," "how are we suppose to get proof now?!" He yelled.

"I don't know."