Forty two/Unity-part two

Jake.

I'm so freaking nervous.

The mosque is divided in half. The women on one side and the men on the other. A huge curtain cordones the two areas. I assume Medina is on the other side as we await the official union between us. The Imam approaches us. He is a man of all trades.. literally, as he's also the main man people come to if they want to be islamically united in matrimony.

Medina and I wanted our unity in the house of Allah. She could have had an elderly member from the family doing our Nikkah( an Official unity between a man and a woman ,islamically) attending her at their home but she wanted it to be extra special.

The Imam finally approached me and turns to face the front of the Mosque. The noise finally dies down and he begins with his introduction.

I can't hear anything as I'm so nervous and my heart is thumping at a thousand miles per hour.

I can't believe I'm finally getting married to Medina. I've been dreaming of this moment for years and now that it's finally hear I can't fully comprehend it. I feel like I'm in a dream and soon enough someone is going to wake me up.

I'm on autopilot. I say the necessary words. Mr Jahan has being so wonderful guiding me through everything beforehand. I know they are coming out of my mouth but I can't hear nothing apart from my frantic heartbeat. Man I need to pull myself together. My hands are trembling and I can feel myself perspiring .

Great ..By The time I'm done I will need an hour in the shower.

My Allah..Please help me through this.

I'm relieved that my turn is over and the Imam finally addresses Medina.

I await to hear her voice saying she will accept me and I bite back a grin when the Imam asks her the next words.

*******

Medina.

Ya Allah. My heart is going crazy and the butterflies in my tummy are causing chaos within me.

Mamma See's me trembling with nerves and comes up to me to put her arms around me, whispering words of support.

Finally the Imam turns to me. My head is lowered and My Dupatta covers half my face. I turn to listen to him.

When he finally asks me whether I accept Mustafa Abdul Al Karim as my husband. I don't respond.

Who on earth is Mustafa Abdul AL Karim?.

I'm at a loss for words and I don't respond straight away as I don't know what to do.

Mamma bends close to my ears and Whispers.

Medina Lohri What's the matter?" She whispers with concern.

"Mamma who is Mustafa"? I whisper back just as concerned.

"Loohri It's Jake's Islamic name. He wanted to reveal it on this day." Mamma sofly replies with a hint of humour in her voice.

"My Allah..He could have at least given me a heads up!!." I roll my eyes and flare my nostrils.

Jake William White..He did this on purpose. Wait till I get my hands on him..idiot.

The Imam repeats himself and this time without hesitation I reply "Qabool" (I accept).

Well I'm not going to make a scene here now, am I?

After the third time a cheer raise up between the women and Mamma hugs and kisses me on my head.

It's official.

I'm now officially Medina Jahan Al Karim.

The signing of our papers will make it more official but I smile at my new name. Jake maybe slightly in my bad books at the moment but I love that he had decided to use his islamic name to bind us together. It's a huge honor not only for him but also for us as a couple. I know that this is a huge step for him. The name changing has made our unity extra special in a way.

I'm so proud of him and the name he has chosen is beautiful as he has decided to name himself after one of the most important person in the Islamic world.

The Prophet Mohammed (Peace be upon him) has a few names and Mustafa is one of them . It means the chosen one. It's a very apt name. As Our prophet was indeed the chosen one when Allah decided he was the perfect choice to spread the message of Islam and It is through him that we have our beautiful religion.

Jake also is the chosen one as Allah has blessed him by showing him the way. Jake was a person who didn't even believed in God. He was a non religious person and he especially found our ways difficult to accept. He has come a very long way.

It may have taken us a long time to get here but Allah has made it worthwhile. Allah is indeed great and I will forever be grateful to my lord for bringing Jake into my life.

I think I need to get used to calling him Mustafa...but in due time I will...In Sha Allah

****

I feel Jake Sitting next to me when we Sign the Nikkah documents and the fact the I have a , dupatta on my face is a blessing. My face is blushing like crazy. His body is so close to me and I think he intentionally pressed his thigh against mine.

Actually I don't think it .. I know it's intentional, especially when I try to scoot away and he follows my movements ever so subtley.

That man has no shame. And We're in a Mosque.

"Medina Al Karim..my dear wife.. what are you doing?" His humorous voice sends shivers down my spine.

Ya Allah..This man.

"What no witty comeback?" He presses his thigh against me further.

"Have some shame Mustafa.. you shameless man. We're in a mosque!" I grit out.

He chuckled softly.

Shoot...Damn butterflies

" I wanted it to be a surprise Medina and my love, I can assure you that I'm fully aware that we're in a house of God. My intentions for the moment are perfectly pure. Allah sees all dear." He laughed again.

Cocky Ba....

"BISMILLAH HIR RAHMA NIR RAHIM, LA ILAHA ILLAllAH, MUHAMMADAR RASULALAH"... I recite the beautiful Kalimah a few times.

I need strength if I'm to last the rest of the day. My emotions are all over the place and Mustafa Abdul Al Karim Aka Jake william White is going to do whatever it takes to make me feel things that I don't want to feel at this moment..maybe later but not right now.

Ya Allah...I need to get a grip.

I believe the Mosque is making him behave... At least he's honest even though his is an arrogant so....

I recite the Kalima again and again.

My husband recites it with me and although I don't want to smile I can't help it but Thank Allah that I have the dupatta hiding my face. He may be an annoying idiot, but he's my annoying idiot and he's all mine.

Alhumdulilah.

A/n: Salam and hey guys

This is a short update but it's intentional,

I want a build up to Jake's/Mustafa's and Medina's wedding night...lol

Pls let me know what you think of this short but sweet chapter..I really appreciate it guys.

Any mistakes made ..I apologise.

Lots of love

Shazk80 xxx