ten (10)

After posting your photos, you three began to eat. Y'all quickly threw together some sandwiches, with mac & cheese before y'all left. When y'all finished eating, maddy decided to play card games before getting up to play volleyball. As you guys were playing cards, you lost, but continued playing..

Josh: OHHH Y/N LOST

Y/n: *giggles* nah uh what do you mean? I'm still playing hehe

Maddy tried to grab the cards out of your hand, but failed so she began to tickle you. Once she stopped, Josh tried to grab the cards out of your hand and succeeded. You tried to tackle him to get the cards back, but Josh ended up tickling you. When he stopped, you jumped on his back and said you wouldn't get off. So Josh began running around in circles, hoping you would get dizzy on his back. Instead, he got dizzy and you were just dying of laughter. You got off of Josh's back and both of you lay next to each other on the blanket.

Josh turned to look at you and you could feel his stare, so you turned and looked at him. The both of you zoned out everything that was happening, including the fact that Maddy was recording you two. Josh was focused on you, and you were focused on Josh. Josh turned his whole body and supported his head up with his arm. He started moving his hand towards your face which made your heart start pounding. When his hand made contact with your face, you could tell that you were mad blushing. He caressed you cheek for a while and then moved strands of hair out of your face.

Maddy: AHEM .. sorry to break the little moment and all .. but it's already getting dark and duty calls and i have to take the car for a few minutes. but uhm .. please proceed what you were doing

And with that .. Maddy ran off to the car giggling like she had some evil mastermind plan.

Josh: today went by super fast

Y/n: i know .. we didn't even get to play volleyball *pouts*

Josh chuckled and showed that bright smile of his. It then got quiet for the longest minute ever. Then you heard a quack. Both you and Josh turned around and saw ducks picking at your food.

Y/n: oh dear *laughs*

Josh: well don't just stand there .. give the ducks what they want *laughs*

You smacked Josh's arm and said, " are you dumb? I am not gonna offer myself as a meal to the ducks."

Josh: am i dumb ? i think you should be asking yourself that *chuckles* i meant give the ducks .. yk .. i actually don't know what i was tryna say either ..

Y/n: oh my

You and Josh began to uncontrollably laugh and it ended with Josh tryna chase you. A few minutes into the chase, there was a loud honk that made you trip. Before you could land on the ground, there was and arm around you .. Josh's arm.  You had stood in that position for what seemed like hours until there was another honk.

Maddy: lets go love birds .. i gotta get home and do stuff .. *pauses* it sure is strange how we said we weren't gonna fall in love .. but look at you two .. i mean im not complaining .. ive always shipped you two .. and y/n did say that josh was the only exception.. hehe

You gave Maddy another death glare and started blushing.

Maddy: aww you're tomato red .. how cute. OKAY NOW GET IN THE CAR!

*TIME SKIP TO ARRIVING AT HOME*
You had gotten home and Maddy had taken her car to drive back to her home. Josh had walked upstairs to his room while you were in the living room.

*JOSH'S POV*
I was scrolling through my Instagram comments when I got a text from Maddy.

Maddy:
you still awake dood?

Josh:
yes ma'am

Maddy:
okay .. well tmr is ur gf's birthday

Josh:
my gf? who that?

Maddy:
oh my-  y/n dumbo 🤦🏻‍♀️ okay anyways .. have you gotten her a present ?

Josh:
No bcuz I didn't know her birthday was tmr..

Maddy:
Well now you do .. so find a way to sneak out at night and go to some jewelry store or smt. she loves loves LOVES necklaces and rings ..

Josh:
Alrighty

Maddy:
Alrighty? That's all you gotta say? dang u a horrible person to text. But anyways.. I was planning on surprising her by taking her to a beach that is set up as those pretty late night beach dinners yk? cuz she loves the beach ..  was wondering if u wanted to come as well

Josh:
ofc!

Maddy:
mk! well then gn ! and get her an amazing gift!
(read)

Right then and there, Josh hopped outta bed and quietly went to see if you were asleep .. which you were. You were laid out on the sofa. That's when Josh tiptoed downstairs, put his shoes on, grabbed his hoodie and the car keys, and headed out.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
it's currently 8:34 in the morning where I live and I wrote this at 7:30 so I just threw this together .. hopefully it's a good chapter .. it's also unproofread so uhm .. yea .. i hope u enjoy!